Cooking Bacon

Tips for cooking good bacon. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Cooking Bacon For Salads

When cooking bacon to use in a salad or other recipe, cut across the entire contents of package with your shears. Then fry it in a deep pan so it doesn't make such a mess. As it cooks, the pieces will come apart. It's just as easy to wash a deep pan as a skillet!

By Linda (06/22/2005)

Cooking Bacon

If you have a grill, lace all of you bacon on the grill then light it and keep it on low until the bacon is finished. It taste like smoked bacon. Everyone loves it. And I love it because the stove top isn't all messed up. Easy clean up! (06/22/2005)

By houldwife

Cooking Bacon

Line a roasting pan with foil. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes. Lift with a spatula and drain on paper towels. Excellent method for cooking the whole pack at once,. You can leave it while you cook the rest of the breakfast, and cleanup is easy with the foil. (06/23/2005)

By Mary Anne

Cooking Bacon

Put two paper towels on a plate,lay out the bacon on them, cover with two more paper towels. Pop into the microwave on about 1 minute per 2 slices. It's quick, no hassle, and very little mess. (06/24/2005)

By Vicki in S.C

Cooking Bacon

The microwave bacon cookers work great with little mess. These are the trays with ridges on them. Just lay your bacon strips across and microwave in 2 minute increments, turning once, until they are as crisp as you like. I have two of these trays, and cook up my bacon a pound at a time. When they are done, I lay them on a paper towel and use a second towel on top to soak up excess fat. When cool, I store them in a ziplock bag in the fridge, and when we want bacon for breakfast or for BLT sandwiches, I put a few strips on a paper towel and heat in the microwave. They crisp right up again. Cooking this way also eliminates most of the fat.
(06/26/2005)

By Harlean from Arkansas

Bacon cooking in the pan.
Cooking Bacon
Several pieces of backing laying flat while sizzling in frying pan
Keeping Bacon From Curling
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
bacon frying
Preventing Bacon Grease Splatters
🎉
🎄