Felt Craft Projects

Felt is often used in all kinds of craft projects; it comes in many colors and easy to use in crafting even for children. This is a guide about felt craft projects.

July 23, 2011 Flag

How about making a special pair of booties for that special baby? They are sure to become a keepsake.

finished blue and yellow bootie

July 29, 2009 Flag

I have tons of felt scraps from various felt projects and couldn't bring myself to throw them away. So, using only scraps, I made a variety of felt food for my daughter, using basic doll stuffing as filler for some of the "puffier" food.

Any type of food can be made, depending on the size and color of your scraps. Fabric scraps can certainly be used too. The simpler the better when it comes to children.

By April from Albany, GA

I love, love, love these! What more can I say!?

I'm so downright excited! I wanna run to the store right NOW & buy some felt to make a batch of "food" for my 6 year old granddaughter! Yes! She's got the oven/stove & all the pots & pans... Now she'll have even more food to add to her collection, and I'll even have her help me make them! This is the absolute perfect way to teach a youngster how to sew! Something fast, easy & fun. What more could you ask for?

December 19, 2010 Flag

Would you like to inject a fresh feel to your holiday decorations? If so, try making something with an Oriental flavour for the festive season.

full length photo of finished decoration

March 17, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about making a felt veggie garden. Your little one can garden rain or shine with this felt veggie garden. It would also be a fun gift for a gardening enthusiast.

Making a Felt Veggie Garden

May 18, 2007 Flag

No Knitting Required! I'm a cheater, I made a felted purse out of a really too bright mens XL sweater I bought at a second hand store. Has to be 100% wool, no blends.

After I purposely shrank it by washing it in the washer (hot water), and drying it in the dryer, I cut off the arms to use for handles later. Then I turned it so that the waist band is now the top, I laid it flat and cut a straight line from side to side through both layers right above the neck hole.

Note: Here's where you have to decide which side is the prettier side and turn your felted sweater accordingly, all sewing should be done on the wrong side to hide the work.

I sewed up the cut sides and along the newly cut bottom, then I folded in my corners until I got the width of my purse right. I pinned them, sewed them across the widest part and tacked them down along the bottom seam of the purse, make sure you center this. This might be called "the bag technique". I turned the bag right side out and folded the waist band down over the edge, just to where the ribbed stitching ended or the colors changed.

I got one sleeve, cut off the inner felted seam and laid it flat. I cut two equal strips 2 inches wide, these are your handles. I folded each strip in half length wise and sewed the sides together, you'll have two 1 inch rope style handles. I pinned them inside the purse and stitched them so that the work would be hidden under the folded over-hang of the waist band, make sure NOT to stitch down the waist band. Adjust the handles to your preference before you stitch.

I sprayed the purse with warm water, and stuffed it with plastic trash bags to dry after I had gotten it to the shape I like most. On the first bag, I got a crochet hook and added eyelash yarn in the same color as the waistband to it's entire width, right to the point where the colors changed. On the second purse, I added beaded embellishments to the waist band, because I like shiny things. Because the waist band is knitted in rib stitch, it never really felted tight, but I made it work.

Hmmm, what did I do with the other sleeve? Why I made a jacket for my Chihuahua of course. :-) I'm not just Fickle, I'm thrifty too!

By ficklephonebug from Bakersfield, CA

Cute and very creative! Thanks for sharing the pics and instructions with us.

thats very cute and too funny but thrifty too....

August 6, 2015 Flag

This is a guide about making a felt fruit basket. This colorful, fun to make felt project will bring hours of fun to your child and is perfect for a teaching moment.

Making a Felt Fruit Basket

February 28, 2015 Flag

I made Christmas stockings from felt for my grandkids when they were born. I want to remove an iron-on applique on one of them. Any suggestions for doing this without ruining the stocking?

By Jan

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make a new stocking.

March 23, 2014 Flag

This is a guide about felt pin ideas. Felt is a popular crafting material, because it is easy to use in numerous no-sew projects. You can create beautiful label pins and accessories with felt.

Poppy Felt Pin

November 10, 2006 Flag

I saw an old instrument case made out of felt, it made me think that we don't use that as much as people used to. And what a great material for simple crafts! You could make cases for all sorts of things; eye glasses, electronics, and so on, very easily by tracing out the form on felt, leaving extra and simple sewing the edges. Everyone needs more eyeglass cases. A good Christmas gift.

By Pam from Los Angeles

I sort of like this idea, but would prefer if I got a case AND a new magnifing glass from the dollar store. THAT's something seniors can use MORE of, for each work and reading area, instead of having to look for the only ONE they have, which often gets forgotten to be replaced in it's familiar place and therefore "lost" for a time. (This and battery operated closet lights that have a pull cord or handy

switch are GREAT gifts for seniors who can never have too many of them. Remember to include the batteries for both these idea items, along with the decorated "doubled felt" cases that fit them? God bless your care. : )

December 29, 2009 Flag

These instructions are adaptable to any kind of hat, but they detail a multi-color fedora since that will cover the most complicated aspects of hat-making. If you just want a bonnet, your life will be much easier!

Crafts MiscellaneousJune 1, 2012
Poppy Felt Pin
Felt Pin Ideas
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Photo of felt mittens.
Making Felt Mittens
Making a Felt Butterfly
Making a Felt Butterfly