Felt Craft Projects

Felt is often used in all kinds of craft projects; it comes in many colors and easy to use in crafting even for children. This is a guide about felt craft projects.

July 23, 2011 Flag

finished blue and yellow bootie

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about making a special pair of booties for that special baby? They are sure to become a keepsake.

July 29, 2009 Flag

I have tons of felt scraps from various felt projects and couldn't bring myself to throw them away. So, using only scraps, I made a variety of felt food for my daughter, using basic doll stuffing as filler for some of the "puffier" food.

Any type of food can be made, depending on the size and color of your scraps. Fabric scraps can certainly be used too. The simpler the better when it comes to children.

By April from Albany, GA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I love, love, love these! What more can I say!?

I'm so downright excited! I wanna run to the store right NOW & buy some felt to make a batch of "food" for my 6 year old granddaughter! Yes! She's got the oven/stove & all the pots & pans... Now she'll have even more food to add to her collection, and I'll even have her help me make them! This is the absolute perfect way to teach a youngster how to sew! Something fast, easy & fun. What more could you ask for?

December 22, 2016 Flag

finished blue and yellow bootie

This is a guide about making felt baby booties. Felt is an easy material to work with. Use some to make a cute pair of baby booties.

December 21, 2016 Flag

Felt Christmas trees.

This is a guide about making felt trees. Start with heavy felt material and you too can make your own version of these festive tree decorations for the holidays.

December 16, 2016 Flag

Felt Snowflake Coaster

This is a guide about making felt snowflake coasters. Based on paper snowflake designs, these two layer felt coasters will look beautiful on your holiday table. They would make nice gifts as well.

November 12, 2016 Flag

Making a Felt Wristband

This is a guide about making a felt wristband. An easy felt and button project for an older child can be a bracelet.

December 19, 2010 Flag

full length photo of finished decoration

Would you like to inject a fresh feel to your holiday decorations? If so, try making something with an Oriental flavour for the festive season.

March 17, 2015 Flag

Making a Felt Veggie Garden

This is a guide about making a felt veggie garden. Your little one can garden rain or shine with this felt veggie garden. It would also be a fun gift for a gardening enthusiast.

May 18, 2007 Flag

Green Felt Purse

No Knitting Required! I'm a cheater, I made a felted purse out of a really too bright mens XL sweater I bought at a second hand store. Has to be 100% wool, no blends.

August 6, 2015 Flag

Making a Felt Fruit Basket

This is a guide about making a felt fruit basket. This colorful, fun to make felt project will bring hours of fun to your child and is perfect for a teaching moment.

March 23, 2014 Flag

Poppy Felt Pin

This is a guide about felt pin ideas. Felt is a popular crafting material, because it is easy to use in numerous no-sew projects. You can create beautiful label pins and accessories with felt.

November 10, 2006 Flag

Using Felt For Craft Projects. I saw an old instrument case made out of felt, it made me think that we don't use that as much as people used to. And what a great material for simple crafts!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 29, 2009 Flag

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

These instructions are adaptable to any kind of hat, but they detail a multi-color fedora since that will cover the most complicated aspects of hat-making. If you just want a bonnet, your life will be much easier!

February 28, 2015 Flag

I made Christmas stockings from felt for my grandkids when they were born. I want to remove an iron-on applique on one of them. Any suggestions for doing this without ruining the stocking?

By Jan

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make a new stocking.

October 20, 2012 Flag

I have 1000s of small sizes of scrim felt 2 inches to 4 inches square plus 100s of cones and 3 foot long tubes. I also have cones of yarn for 1/3 of the whole sale price.

I want to give them to schools and park districts in my area, but they don't know what to use them for. I need ideas for these items. Maybe the cones could be made into x-mas trees or angels, yarn for dog Scotties, felt?

Any information on other crafts for these items will help. I would also like information on craft sites that help show how to make things with the items.

I hate to throw out this material ever year.

Thank you.

Can E-mail photos if needed.

By Martin R

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts MiscellaneousJune 1, 2012
Poppy Felt Pin
Felt Pin Ideas
Felt Snowflake Coaster
Making Felt Snowflake Coasters
Felt Christmas trees.
Making Felt Trees
Felt Wristband
Making a Felt Wristband
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 8:16:38 PM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.