Peanut Butter Fudge Recipes

Category Fudge
Peanut Butter Fudge
This confection is usually appreciated for any occasion or as a gift. This page contains peanut butter fudge recipes.

This fast and simple recipe yields tasty peanut butter fudge with a surprising "nut-like crunch" that will confound all who try to guess what it is! It is also very inexpensive to make, because it does not require butter or nuts!

Directions:

Mix sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent scorching. Place all remaining ingredients in a bowl. Pour hot mixture over them and mix thoroughly. Pour into a buttered or sprayed pan (I use 2 pie tins). Let cool in refrigerator. Cut and enjoy! Ask folks to guess what makes the subtle crunch!

Note: I have stirred in a handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips just before pressing into the pan, for a nice change. It makes a marbled look and has a flavor similar to a peanut butter cup.

Servings: varies by size cut
Time:5 Minutes Preparation Time
5 Minutes Cooking Time

Source: Tennessee Farm Bureau Members Magazine

By Shawna from Paris, TN

Sounds quick for kids can I melt marshmallows if I do not have marshmallow creme thanks. soon time to feed winter birds. lol

It is very quick! Don't know if melted marshmallows would work, worth a try, though!

Please help. I tried this recipe. It sounded great. I followed it to the letter. It was a horrible mess. Sticky and gooey. Not able to cut it at all. Refrigerating it did not make it firm.

Spoostad, I can't guess what might have gone amiss. I double-checked the recipe and it is typed out the same as I have made it several times. Just troubleshooting; did the sugar and milk come to full boil? I think that, and the cooking of the sugar and milk for 5 full minutes is what makes it set up. Not enough cooking time for these two ingredients is the only thing I can think of that could make it gooey without getting firm. I do keep mine in the fridge after making, because it sets up faster. But it always starts to firm up within minutes. This does make a somewhat "softish" fudge, but it is definitely firm enough to be cuttable when I make it. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I feel guilty that my thrifty recipe caused someone to lose money and food!

I have been trying to find these forever. It's a no-cook peanut butter fudge made with three ingredients: smooth peanut butter, granulated sugar, and white corn syrup. I can't remember the amounts.

Joan from Chesapeake, VA

Well, this one has 4 ingredients and uses confectioners sugar but otherwise it's a no cook fudge recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/149131

The recipe I have has six ingredients, but it is very good!! It is: 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter

1/2 cup margarine

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 teaspoon salt

4 cups powdered sugar

Mix all ingredients except powdered sugar very well. Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time. Knead until smooth. Put in 8x8 pan lined with foil and keep in fridge. Hope this is close to what you are looking for.

You might try this one. I clipped it from a 1989 Home Cooking Magazine, and have never made it. It sounds really cheap and easy: Peanut Butter Squares. 2 cups peanut butter, 3 3/4 cups confectioner's sugar, 3/4 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 teaspoon vanilla, 1 (16 oz.) package semisweet chocolate bits, 2 tablespoons butter. Combine first five ingredients; press into ungreased cookie sheet with sides or a jelly roll pan. Melt together chocolate bits and butter. Spread over peanut butter mixture. Chill 2 hours. If you leave off the chocolate topping, it's very close to what you asked for.

Here's one I have -- now the same as you asked for, but you might like it. I'll keep looking.

Here's one that has the same ingredients you mentioned, and a couple more. I'll keep looking.

No Cook Peanut Butter Fudge

3/4 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. soft butter

1/2 c. light corn syrup

4 1/2 c. powdered sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

Mix peanut butter, butter and syrup. Add salt and powdered sugar.

Knead like bread. Put in 8x8 pan.

Here's a simple one to make. I'll keep looking for yours.

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

1 tub chocolate icing-be sure to completely remove

any foil on the seal

1 18oz jar peanut butter-be sure to completely remove

any foil on the seal

Microwave both of the ingredients for 50 seconds.

Combine well. Spread in 8x5 dish (approx size).

Refrigerate.

Sorry, I don't remember if I sent this one or not.

Peanut Butter Balls

1/4 pound of butter

1/2 pound peanut butter

3/4 pound powdered sugar

1/4 cup white Karo syrup

Chocolate for dipping(I use bark coating)

Mix all but chocolate and roll into 3/4 inch balls. Melt chocolate,

dip balls in and place on wax paper until dry. Makes about 40 balls

I think this is the one I forgot to include.

PEANUT BUTTER AND CHOCOLATE LAYER FUDGE

(QUICK AND EASY)

1 pkg. (1 1/2 c.) chocolate chips

1 pkg. (1 1/2 c.) peanut butter chips

1 can (14 oz.) Borden Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk

Melt peanut butter chips with 1/2 can (7 oz.) sweetened condensed

milk. Stir until smooth. Spread into foil lined 8 x 8 or similar

sized pan. Melt chocolate chips with 1/2 can (7 oz.) sweetened

condensed milk. Stir until smooth. Spread on top of peanut butter

mixture. Cool in refrigerator. Remove fudge from foil lined pan

and cut into 2 inch squares. Makes 32.

Grandma's No-Cook Peanut Butter Fudge

I made the the peanut butter chips & sweetened condensed milk version and it came out very waxy and it's so hard in the pan I can't get it out, any suggestions before I throw the whole mess out?

2 cups of sugar

1 cup of milk

1 cup of jiffy peanut butter

Boil milk and sugar in a sauce pan until it comes to a rolling boil, making sure the sugar has melted.

Take pan off heat and add peanut butter and mix with mixer until smooth.

While still hot pour mixture into a round glass pie dish, "well that's what I use and found it works best. Also very lightly Spray the pie dish with non-stick spray, but just very lightly. Sometimes you can serve warm depending on thickness. you can chill and serve or leave out for room temp and then serve.

I could never make fudge that I didn't have to put in the freezer and eat with a spoon until I tried this, now I have finally got it right.

Directions:

Put mixture in microwave for 1 minute, pour in buttered pan and refrigerate.

Source: Church cookbook

By aloneandtired from ThornHill, TN

• 2 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine
  • 3/4 cup evaporated milk
  • 1 small jar marshmallow creme
  • 1/2 pkg. butterscotch morsels
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter

Directions:

Boil for 5 minutes, the sugar, margarine and milk. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients. Let set up.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients
  • 1 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
  • 2 sticks of margarine, softened (1/2 lb.)
  • 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups Reese's peanut butter

Directions

Mix all these ingredients together and pat into a well greased 9 x 13 pan. Put in the refrigerator for 1 - 2 hours.

For topping, melt a 1 lb Hershey bar and spread on chilled peanut butter mix. Return fudge to refrigerator until the chocolate has set.

Cut into inch pieces by dipping a knife in hot water after every cut.

Also, as 1 lb. Hershey bars can be expensive, I use the Hershey's chocolate chip pieces.

By Louise from Port Charlotte, FL

Fudge lovers, here is a very nice recipe.

Ingredients

Directions

In heavy saucepan, melt peanut butter chips and 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter with 1 cup sweetened condensed milk. Remove from heat; stir in peanuts. Spread into was paper lined 8-in square pan. In small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and remaining 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter with remaining sweetened condensed milk.

Spread chocolate mixture on top of peanut butter mixture. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store loosely covered at room temperature.

Source: Eagle Brand Recipe

By Raymonde from North Bay, Ontario

Oh my goodness does this sound good! I will be giving this a try real soon! Thanks for the recipe!

This is a guide about making peanut butter fudge using vanilla frosting. A new twist on fudge making starts with packaged cake frosting.

Three pieces of peanut butter fudge against a white background

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Put sugar and milk in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from burner after 3 minutes. Stir in peanut butter and marshmallow cream. Mix well. Pour into a buttered 8 inch square pan. Chill until set. Cut into squares and enjoy!...

In the past someone told me how to make peanut butter fudge using vanilla frosting, they do not remember the recipe and I have lost how to make it. Can anyone tell me what this recipe might be? Thanks,

Happy Holidays - Lisa

Best Answer

Just two items for Peanut Butter Fudge

Vanilla frosting (peel off seal). Microwave for 60 seconds.

Pour into bowl add Jiffy Smooth Peanut Butter 18oz jar.

Stir fast and pour into small pan. Refrigerate for a few minutes.

For a 13x9 you will need to double up.

Note this is just a small batch.

Best Answer

You can use a package of peanut butter chips (like chocolate chips) and melt them in the microwave, then stir in the frosting. Pour into a buttered dish. Chocolate chips and chocolate frosting are also good. You could even make a double layer using two different flavors.

Best Answer

Use 1 tub vanilla frosting

1 jar of peanut butter

Combine in bowl and add confectioners sugar until you get the consistency that you want.

Best Answer

We make this fudge for teacher gifts every year and it is always a big hit! (You can even find adorable Christmas Chinese takeout style boxes at Target for $1. I have make this with chocolate frosting as well as vanilla then put both in the boxes for variety.

I have also used chunky peanut butter and it was a little like the difference between regular m&ms and peanut m&ms. I prefer the chunky but a lot of people prefer the creamy so I do both.

I microwave 1 can frosting (make sure you remove foil top) for 30 seconds, then microwave 1 jar peanut butter for 30 seconds mix together and put in 9x13 brownie pan. If I am in a hurry I refrigerate to set it, but I noticed when I refrigerate to set it seems to get softer as it warms up; whereas if I just let it set at room temp it stays firmer. I have also dusted the top with confectioners sugar to make it super pretty.

This recipe is so easy and cheap, just experiment with it to find the combo you like best!

Anonymous
Best Answer

I make this with cream cheese frosting and a jar of any peanut butter and blend with a hand mixer. Spread into a pan and either eat instantly or refrigerate. No microwave needed.

Use 1 jar of peanut butter and one tub of vanilla frosting. Combine in bowl and microwave fo about 1 minute. Stir and pour into buttered pan. Try chocolate frosting too. YUM

I just tried this last week and it was a hit. It is different than reg PB fudge but I think I may even like it better.

I used: 1 cannister (16 oz) Betty Crocker Rich & Creamy Vanilla frosting

and

1 jar (18 oz) Jif Creamy Peanut Butter

I took the frosting out and put it in a glass bowl as I do not like to microwave using plastics. Heat on High for 50 seconds (could have possibly been slightly less).

Then I stirred in the peanut butter. I did not have to microwave it any more. As you stir it it thickens up.

I put in a parchment lined 8 x 8 inch pan so it could be lifted out to cut easier.

This fudge does need to be kept in the fridge for firmness however. I tried freezing some squares and I liked the firmness but it takes away from some of the rich creamy taste when frozen.

I got the frosting free after coupons and the pb was on sale for 99 cents so a whole batch of fudge for less than a dollar. The only other cost is calories. ;-)

I am going to try it with chocolate frosting next. If anyone has tried this recipe with chunky-style peanut butter please give a review. I can't decide if I would like it that way.

I made this frosting fudge again but this time I used chocolate frosting instead of the vanilla. I did not care for it as much with the choc but the other family members did. It also did not seem as firm this time.

I used:

1 tub (16 oz) of Pillbury Creamy Supreme 'Chocolate Fudge' frosting

1 jar (16.3 oz) Skippy Creamy PB

I added a dab more peanut butter since the Skippy brand is a smaller jar than the 18 oz jar of Jif PB I used on the first batch I made that turned out so well.

I ended up slicing it into bite-sized pieces and keeping it in the freezer and eating it frozen.

Does anyone out there have a tried and true peanut-butter fudge recipe using marshmallow cream? Also, how I can freeze it?

Thank you very much.

By Carol W.

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Easy and good Peanut Butter Fudge!

2 Cups sugar

1/2 Cup milk

1 1/3 Cups Peanut Butter (I use crunchy)

1 - 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Fluff

Into a large saucepan, pour milk and sugar and bring to a boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.

Take off burner and add the peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. Mix well (until it's smooth and creamy... your arm will feel like falling off!) and pour into a buttered 8" pan. Chill until set and cut into squares.

This recipe came from my step-mom and it's the only peanut butter fudge my hubby will eat! Very rich and very tasty! Doesn't last more than a couple of days with just myself and my husband to eat it... he eats most of it!

I Have Never Tried Freezing It

Big Bach Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients

2 LB. Skippy supper chucky peanut butter

4 cup sugar

1 1/3 cups can milk

1 Jar marshmallow cream

24 oz. cocktail peanuts w/oil ( not dry Roasted )

2 tsp. vanilla

Instructions

Cook milk, sugar to soft ball stage add remaining instructions beat till mixed pour into buttered 9X13X2 pan.

or

My recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients

1 cup peanut butter chunky

2 cups sugar

2/3 cup can milk

1 cup marshmallow creme

1 tsp vanilla

Instructions

Cook milk, sugar to soft ball stage. Add remaining ingredients. Beat till firm. Pour into buttered 9x9x2 pan.

I wondering about using morels (chips). I only have real chocolate, even white chocolate too, but how can I use or weight it up exactly? This is my first time making this candy. I even got the butter, fluff, and vanilla, but what else? I ran out money. I'm on a fix income (disabled). God bless.

The chocolate part was oily. I melted 2 cups of chips, 2 Tbsp. butter, and 1/2 can condensed milk. It seems the butter separated from the chocolate. I absorbed some with a paper towel after spreading it over the peanut butter. I just put it in the fridge. I don't know the end result yet.

I am looking for peanut butter fudge for a diabetic.

Diane from NC

Diabetic Peanut Butter Fudge

http://www.recipezaar.com/133579

OK one thing you need to know you dont need a recipe just leave out the sugar and make it with splenda, or no sugar at all. Follow the recipe you have and leave out the sugar. Sugar is what causes diabetic shock, which brings me to my second point. My office that I just got hired at this week. Invited me to the office Christmas party with all the stuff included, but when I got there they refused to give me punch and I found out the pizza was for the staff appreciation of the year party after our party. I am a client in a disabled working environment. 80 % of the clients are extremely disabled and mentally challenged and it is more of a day care for their cheap family to dump them at for each day. The cookies were made with splenda and they didn't turn out well at all and tasted terrible, not that anyone offered me any and I waited an hour before the plate offered to everyone else was put down on a table to take one. I then went home. I felt they should have given the party for just the disabled then at least we could have had sugar punch for all and sugar cookies. I mean talk about my bosses being so petty to the non mentally retarded, as to not even think of my feelings or their feelings. I will never use splenda in any cookie I make ever. I wouldn't suggest it to you either. If you have to make the fudge thou make it without the sugar unless you like splenda.

Go to splenda.com . There are lots of recipes for sugar free goodies!

Ingredients

Filling
  • 3 packages powdered sugar
  • 1 lb. margarine
  • 3 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 cups peanut butter
Chocolate Coating
  • 1 package chocolate chips (standard size)
  • 1/4 slice paraffin

Directions

Mix filling ingredients together and form in small balls. Chill.

In top of double boiler, melt coating ingredients. Put a toothpick in a ball and dip in chocolate. Place on waxed paper, and place in refrigerator until set.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Answers:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Robin, here in Ohio we call these "Buckeyes" because Ohio is known as the Buckeye State. They are delicious. When we dip them in chocolate, we don't cover them completely, we leave a bit of the peanut butter showing and they look just like buckeyes that we get off the trees. They're especially popular in the fall when we have a huge rival football game between Ohio and Michigan. Thanks for sharing. (12/11/2009)

By chef4u

Ingredients

• 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup ground peanuts
  • 1/2 cup corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions

Combine all ingredients in large bowl, kneading to mix well. Spread in 8x8 inch pan. Chill until firm.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup thin cream
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Directions

Boil sugar and cream till mixture turns into ball (soft ball stage) when tested in cold water.

Mix in peanut butter and vanilla. Beat till mixed. Pour into pan, cut when cool.

By Trudy from Springfield, IL

Answers:

Never Fail Fudge

Great Fudge

• 2 cups for Sugar
  • 2/3 cup of Milk
  • 1 cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
  • 8 oz Marshmallow Fluff
  • 1 tsp Vanilla

Mix Fluff, PB and Vanilla in warm metal bowl. Mix sugar and milk in large sauce pan and bring to boil. Soft ball stage 234- 238 degrees F. Remove from heat. Let cool to 175 F before mixing with fluff, pb and vanilla. Beat until mixture becomes dull. Pour into buttered 6 x 10 pan.

The temperature of the mixture will determine the consistency of the fudge. At 234, the fudge will be softer, at 238, the fudge will be firmer. (03/09/2007)

By Kevin

Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe

My grandmother is going to make this for her girls weekend! I hope they think it is yummy it sounds to me like. I would love it!
(12/03/2007)

By samantha

Peanut Butter Fudge

I have a great easy vegan recipe for Peanut Butter Fudge:

• 3/4 cup margarine
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 2 cups icing sugar

Instructions:

Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.

In a saucepan over low heat, melt margarine. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, a little at a time, until well blended. Pat into prepared pan and chill until firm. Cut into squares. (12/17/2008)

By freya1970

Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

• 1 can vanilla frosting(chocolate frosting makes a great fudge too.)
  • 1 cup peanut butter(creamy or crunchy)
  • 1 8x8 pan sprayed with cooking spray

Microwave pb in bowl 1 minute on high. Add frosting mix to pb and microwave 1 minute on high. Mix well, and put in dish, smoothing out evenly. Chill 1/2 hr in frig, then enjoy.

(12/17/2008)

By jean

Peanut Butter Fudge

BIG BACH PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE

INGREDIENTS

• 2 lb. Skippy supper chucky peanut butter
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 1 1/3 cups can milk
  • 1 jar marshmallow cream
  • 24 oz. cocktail peanuts w/oil (not dry Roasted )
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
INSTRUCTIONS

Cook milk, sugar to soft ball stage add remaining instructions beat till mixed pour into buttered 9x13x2 inch pan.

PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE

INGREDIENTS

• 1 cup peanut butter (chunky)
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2/3 cup canned milk
  • 1 cup marshmallow creme
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS

Cook milk, sugar to soft ball stage. Add remaining ingredients. Beat until firm. Pour into buttered 9x9x2 inch pan.
(12/17/2008)

By BABBIE

Ingredients

• 2 cups sugar
  • 1 cup evaporated milk
  • 3 Tbsp. butter
  • 1 jar peanut butter (12 oz.)
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • 1 tsp. vanilla

Directions

Combine first 3 ingredients in electric skillet. Cook at 280 degrees F, bringing to a boil. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Turn off heat. Add remaining ingredients, stirring to blend well. Pour into buttered 9 inch square pan. Cool and cut into squares.

By Robin from Washington, IA

I'm looking for a quick, easy recipe for Peanut Butter fudge. Got any?

By chef4u from Sylvania, OH

Answers:

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

This Peanut Butter Fudge recipe is super simple and came from the craft store, AC Moore.

Melt one bag of chocolate melts, one bag of vanilla melts, and one cup of peanut butter. Pour the mixture in a glass baking dish and cool. Cut into squares.

Fancy Version:

Pour a layer of melted chocolate, then the melted peanut butter and finally another layer of chocolate.

For swirls, run a knife through to make designs.
(07/22/2009)

By cobird2

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

• 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk

Combine sugar and milk in a pan. Mix well. Bring to a boil, turn down heat slightly and cook stirring constantly for 3 minutes, only.

• 1 cup peanut butter (plain or chunky)
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and immediately pour in greased 9 by 9 inch pan. (Line it with foil for easy removal) Let set and lift foil out and cut up candy. (07/22/2009)

By indianlady

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Here's the recipe from the Eagle Brand site:

Peanut Butter Fudge

Servings: Makes about 2 1/4 pounds

• 1 (14-oz.) can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 (6-oz.) packages white chocolate squares or white baking bars, chopped
  • 3/4 cup chopped peanuts
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
In heavy saucepan, heat Eagle Brand® and peanut butter over medium heat until just bubbly, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in white chocolate until smooth. Immediately stir in peanuts and vanilla.
Spread evenly into wax paper lined 8- or 9-inch square pan. Cool. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper. Sprinkle with additional chopped peanuts if desired. Cut into squares. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.

(07/22/2009)

By bettyco123

Easy Peanut Butter Fudge

Super Thrifty Fun idea my grandmother figured out is to stock up on chocolate bunnies around Easter Time when they go on sale and freeze them. Then use them as above to make fudge! Just chop coarsely and add to the recipes as above. (07/22/2009)

By shaunagirl

In a large heavy saucepan, combine the peanut butter, cheese and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until melted.

I need an easy recipe for peanut butter fudge. Thank you! Love that fudge!

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.