Pet Cat Photos

Category Cats
These beautiful feline companions are very photogenic. This page contains pet cat photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
My daughter brought me an adorable stuffed llama from her recent vacation to Peru and my cat Annie seemed very interested in it. The next morning when I got up, she had it in her bed with her! So cute!

Comment Like this photo? 4

Soooo... Cute! Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Yesterday, when my husband and I returned home from work, we noticed our 16 year old cat was unable to stand and walk. I had noticed him limping for a few days, but he had always been one of those cats that spent his entire day jumping up and down, from many different places.

All day long I dreaded taking Webster to the Vet for the obvious reasons. He also was a very shy cat. Very few people have actually physically seen him, let alone ever actually touched him because he always hid.

I was very concerned about his reaction to strangers, and it really did weigh heavily on my mind all day. I did not want his final moments of life to be absolutely terrified, which is what I was expecting.

I don't know what came over him at the Vet, but all he did was purr. He purred so loudly the Vet had a hard time trying to listen to his heart, when she gave him a look over.

People touched him, took him from us to the back for a few minutes to prep him, and his whole demeanor was so unlike him. He actually purred to the very end which was very surprising to me.

Whether he knew what was going to happen or not, I don't know but I do know I will always be grateful for that last memory.

By CaroleeRose

Comment Like this photo? 17

Having been a cat owner all my life, I know how much it hurts to have a beloved animal put to sleep. I am wiping away the tears as I write this note. But you did the right thing for Webster, out of love and this beautiful boy knew it! By the way he looks just like a new kitty who is in the process of "adopting" us! Thank you for sharing your pictures and story with us. God bless.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
1 year old

How and when did you get your pet?
She joined our family 6 months ago. While my daughter was stopped at a light, she heard a cat meowing. She called me and I told her to go back to where she heard it. So she goes back to the gas station to see if she can see the cat. She didn't see her but sure heard her meowing her little heart out as she was hiding up in one of the gas signs. So that is how we got our sweet furbaby.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to play on her cat tree and loves bird watching out the window. She loves playing with her furbrother from another mother. But most of all, she loves chasing her laser. She can be in another room or in a deep sleep, but as soon she hears me pick it up, she comes a running! LOL

Comment Like this photo? 11

Cute!:)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

In Memory of Rubin (Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Rubin was my daughter's cat. She bought Rubin in approximately 1997, at a pet store. When she moved from her condo, I took my two Grandkitties.

Fuzzy black and white kitten.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

Fic is a two month old crazy little cat. He likes to play with any kind of rope or even clothes. He enjoys to throw stuff around and hide. He also likes to hide everywhere and makes us search for him.

Mittens wearing glasses and false nose

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

We got Mittens when she was 10 weeks old. A family was moving and had 4 kittens they were looking for homes for.

Jake, Duke and Shadow (Cats)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 20

Was going through and organizing boxes of old photographs and came across this photo taken about a decade ago of the three boys, Jake, Duke and Shadow.

The Boys Club (Cats)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

I call this shot "The Boys Club.": Leo, Sam, Matty, Bailey and Gabriel. Leo is 5, Sam/Matty 2, Bailey is 9, Gabe is 4. All are mixed tabby and all were giveaways.

Tyler catching a rainbow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I got him seven years ago from a friend who couldn't keep him. He likes to snuggle up with me.

Missy Stitch (Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Missy Stitch will be 3 in March 2011. Missy Stitch is a petite fluffy tuxedo cat from mixed coats. Her mama cat produced a varied assortment of coated kittens.

A calico cat eating popcorn intended for birds.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Everything was disappearing in a hurry. I finally found out why, a stray cat was coming and eating all of it as soon as I put it out, especially popcorn!

Photo of Cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 25

Lily is 11 months old. Lily's' mother was killed by raccoons when Lily and her brothers were just a few days old. Luckily someone found the wet, skinny, and cold babies.

cat viewing aquarium

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Jazzy Boy is 4 years old. He's a finders keepers:) My boyfriend's Mom had a tiny chihuahua that was attacking something along her fence line. When we approached, it was an almost newborn kitten, scared to death!

White and tan cat sleeping on back of couch.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Spencer will be 16 this April. Fourteen years ago, I didn't like cats at all, but my son thought it was a good idea to sneak one into the house! Now that Spencer is pretty old, he mostly sleeps.

Cat lying on side.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Dinker is my 9 year old "Angel". My sister bought him at a pet store when he was 6 weeks old. He got sick, and my sister wouldn't take him to the vet. So, I took him and adopted him as my own.

cat laying on back

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 20

Fred is a four year old Mutt (or Moggie as the Brits say). Fred decided to 'move in' about 3 1/2 years ago. He was given to the people who lived across the street from us, but he didn't seem to care for them at all.

Ava peeping over the table

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Our daughter found her 4 years ago. Ava was 4 weeks old at the time, abandoned, helpless, and dehydrated.

Oreo (American Domestic)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

My first cat was a stray when we adopted her and was pregnant with 5 kittens. Oreo was the runt of the litter so we decided to keep her.

cats hugging on floor

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

The Snowshoe was found in a box with 2 others so I adopted him. And the tabby I got from Craigslist for my husband. They are now the best of friends and are inseparable.

cat by computer

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Equinox is a 1 year old runt. My husband heard a tiny meowing last winter while in a doctor's office parking lot. After looking around he discovered it was coming from the engine of a nearby car.

Luke (Sokoke)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

I rescued him when he was 6 weeks old. He loves to run, play with balls, and "talk" to me. Luke loves to cuddle and is very intelligent. He attempts to open doors and easily opens cabinets (I had to "kitty" proof the cabinets). He is the most loving and entertaining cat.

Domino and Lizzie, house cats

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

This is Domino and Lizzie. Domino is black and white one and is 13 year old. Lizzie is the tortoiseshell colored one and is 3 years old. I rescued Domino from the parking lot at work. I rescued Lizzie from the parking lot at the local grocery store.

White cat on tile floor

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This is Marley and he is 12 years old. We got him when he was abandoned at a friends house when he was about one year old. Marley loves to go outside on his leash.

Cat hiding out in a hanging spider plant pot.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Fuzzy is a 10 month old long haired cat. Fuzzy's mom showed up on our doorstep pregnant last September, on you guessed it, Labor Day. She proceeded to have 5 kittens. I kept the mom (little Orphan Annie) and Fuzzy, who has provided us with endless entertainment and madness!

Mae Mae (Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Mae Mae loves to stretch out in the recliner as soon as it is vacant. She is a special needs kitty we were fostering and then adopted. She has Ataxia, or Floppy Cat Syndrome.

black and white cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

I adopted her and her brother together as kittens. She is the queen. She sleeps with me at night. As you can see loves posing for pictures.

Cats sharing pet tube.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

I thought it might be fun to look at the various photos over time of our family's pets enjoying each other's company.

Sketch of cats on kitchen chair.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Little Orphan Annie showed up at my doorstep (on LABOR day no less) pregnant and hungry. She gave birth to 5 kittens, one being little Fuzzy Wuzzy pictured here.

Curled up next to pumpkin.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 14

This is Thor, his name came from the Norse God of Thunder and it fits him. Thor is about 7 years old. I'm sure he's a mixed breed but he looks a lot like a Korat. We adopted Thor from a family whose cat had kittens. He was about 6 weeks old.

grey and white long hair cat in Easter basket

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Fuzzy, the cat, sitting in an Easter basket.

Fuzzy's mom just showed up (pregnant) at our door last year and the rest is history!

Comment Like this photo? 6

cat

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 11

This is a bucket of oil for a firepit and the cat just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I just heard about the oil spill that morning and it looks as if he is protecting that oil from a spill.

Fuzzy the cat in a reptile tank.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Fuzzy thought she would investigate our empty pet tank. My daughter's lizard was outside in his "summer tank", so we had a chance to scrub this one up awaiting his return.

Mac (Cat)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

This is Mac he is 3 years old. When Mac was 6 months old, my fiance and I rescued him from a local shelter. He likes to sleep, chase a laser, play with his toy mice, watch birds and other animals through the window, and he loves visitors!

Load More