Popsicle Stick Craft Ideas

Category Other
Popsicle Stick Craft Ideas
Popsicle sticks are great for making kid crafts and other projects. This is a guide about Popsicle stick craft ideas.

Easy box to make using Popsicle sticks layered and glued together to put trinkets in such as coins, jewelry, coupons, memorabilia, photos, receipts, pins, buttons, etc. Great Father's Day gift. My daughter made this for her dad at Girl Scouts.

Finished box.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

This cute harmonica is made from popsicle sticks and kids will love playing with it. This is a guide about making a popsicle stick toy harmonica.

How to Make a Popsicle Stick Toy Harmonica

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This is a guide about making a Popsicle stick picture frame. Popsicle sticks are so versatile for using in crafting projects.

frame will fit on base

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

This was a craft project that I did with my 3 year old (the first two parts, anyway). The first part was blowing tempera paint bubbles onto paper with a straw. Then we made the Popsicle stick frame and decorated it. Finally, we used tempera paint to stain the unfinished shadow box.

Finished project mounted in shadow box.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

This was a spur of the moment craft created when a three year old noticed a sheet of felt circles I had sitting around. As they were self stick pads for the bottom of chair legs and I had extras, I began to think what he could stick them on.

I grabbed some Popsicle sticks and googly eyes and we had little puppet people in no time. We twisted some bread ties to make arms.

After this, I cut some slits in the top of an empty Kleenex box and we stuck the people in. We added some felt circles and googly eyes and we had wheels and head lights.

Note: I like to use tacky glue for the eyes, as it dries fast enough for kids to play with right away.

By Angel P

I make picture frames out of Popsicle sticks that are absolutely beautiful. I paint the sticks then decorate further with glitter or stickers.

This is a guide about making a Popsicle stick snowflake. Popsicle sticks or craft sticks are perfect for making these decorative snowflake designs.

A finished popsicle stick snowflake, painted white.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

These fun Easter decorations are suer to make anyone who received them smile. This is a guide about making popsicle stick chicks.

Skinny Chicks for Easter

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a Popsicle stick box. Many of us remember making these at camp or in school. They make good gift for parents and friends.

Finished box.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making easy Popsicle stick ornaments. Popsicle or craft sticks have long been used to make a wide variety of crafts.

Popsicle Stick Tree Ornament

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a Popsicle stick wooden sled ornament. Popsicle sticks are excellent craft supplies to have on hand for you and the kids to use for making cute ornaments.

Making a Popsicle Stick Wooden Sled Ornament

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a clothespin and Popsicle stick plane. Use clip style clothes pins and Popsicle sticks to create a cute little wooden toy plane.

Clothespin and Popsicle Stick Plane FB

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a Popsicle stick wishing well. Popsicle sticks have been used in crafts for decades.

Making a Popsicle Stick Wishing Well

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a popsicle stick penguin. This project turn plain popsicle sticks into this adorable penguin decoration.

Popsicle Stick Penguin

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a popsicle stick bow and arrow. A simple craft made with a few things found around the house, that can be fun for inside or outside play.

Popsicle stick bow with Q-tip arrows

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for Popsicle Christmas tree ornament instructions.

By Nancy from Defiance, MO

Anonymous

I submitted this idea last year but submitted it too late for it to get posted in time for others to make them for Christmas but I think you'll like this easy idea and your question gave me the idea to submit it again ;-)

http://www.thri  9124172.tip.html

I am looking for popsicle stick crafts.

Billy from Henderson, NC

You can buy them at Wal Mart. Duuuh, you can get anything at Wal Mart.

I'm looking for a pattern to make a Popsicle stick lamp. I need something that will walk me through it step-by-step. My son has his first apartment and I'd like to make one for him.

By Louise from Port Charlotte, FL

How do you make lamps out of Popsicle sticks?

Ruthie

I was running out of ideas on miniature furniture to make for a dollhouse when I came across this idea. Look in a Log Cabin book or magazine for pictures of furniture and log cabins. You can duplicate it using popsicle sticks, a glue gun and pruning shears to easily cut the sticks in half.

Another place to look for ideas is a book on how to build wood furniture with step by step illustrations. It has opened up a whole new world on making dollhouse furniture and even landscapes for the outside of the dollhouse. Popsicle sticks are just like miniature 2x4's and the possibilities are endless.

By shedrivesz

Answers:

Dollhouse Furniture Made From Popsicle Sticks

Popsicle sticks also make great hardwood floors for dollhouses. (03/11/2005)

By cjgeo

Thanks, this is a great idea! (05/30/2006)

Wooden coffee stirrers make better wood flooring than Popsicle sticks. They are thinner, and more "woody" looking. I found some (not cheap) at the supermarket last week, but they can usually be found in bulk at distributors.
They can also be used for a more "weathered" look on Tudor type wall finishings too. (06/01/2007)

By ThisOldDollhouse

I like the idea - especially since you said that they are like 2 x 4's. Takes the guessing and figuring out, and leaves the fun in! (04/21/2009)

By ksallen

Great idea! Has anyone any photos or instructions on how to make the furniture? (10/03/2009)

By h.arnott