Browsing: Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Removing Bleach Stains From Clothing

Accidentally getting bleach on clothing will damage the dye and leave a discoloration often referred to as a bleach stain. This is a guide about removing bleach stains from clothing.

Bleach Stains on Red Shirt
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

August 7, 2012 Flag

We all know how Clorox spots ruin clothes, recently I splashed Clorox on my black top. I was going to throw it out, then I thought I would try something. I took a Sharpie pen (black or corresponding color) and carefully dabbed it over the Clorox splash. It worked. So now I will get more wear from my top.

By Irene from Williston, FL

But then you have to do that everytime you wash it

March 17, 2016 Flag

I got bleach on a Raglan tee and it turned light blue what can or should I do?

If it is just a spot or two, sometimes it is possible to colour the spot with permanent marker. If it is the whole shirt, and just an different colour, you could just wear it as is, or redye with a darker colour -- if it is the whole shirt. However, dying is a bit of a gamble -- sometimes you get lovely results and sometimes it is yucky! If if is a large blotchy spot, you could try dye remover, and then redye. However, unless this is a particularly valuable tee shirt, I'd just wear it for yard work, and call it lesson learned to be more careful with bleach.

got bleach splasher on my lovely green trousers....any thought's on how I can salvage them please ?

April 8, 2015 Flag

bleach damaged shirtI just wanted to ask if you can help me with my black and white shirt. I really don't know how to get it back to its color and I just made it worst by using Clorox on it. At first, my shirt was stained with another color on its white logo and I tried to get the white color back to white by using Clorox. I never expected to see that my whole black and white shirt was colorless. Its color has faded and it is now a red/orange color, that came from the bucket I put it in with the Clorox. The black and white has completely gone from the shirt. I hope you can recommend to me a way to get the color back :). ASAP thank you.

By Allysa C.

Best Answer

Bleach removes color on fabric. You have removed some of the color of your shirt with bleach so you cannot bring the color back. You can try to recolor your shirt with dye, however, the result will probably be a mottled or blotched color pattern all over the bleached areas. Appears the best plan is to purchase a new shirt.

Got bleach on my black leggin now it like orange

April 6, 2015 Flag

I splashed bleach accidentally on my grey Nike tracksuit bottoms. Any solutions to my problem?

By Gerry from London, Surrey Quays

This exact thing has happened to me. I had a terry cloth short set some years back and was devastated some bleach I was cleaning with splashed on the shorts. Looked horrible. While in dept. store in sewing section, I had a brainstorm. Butterfly appliques caught my eye. I bought the package of different sizes and sewed them on the bleach spots. Now, it looks like they should have been there all along. Good luck!

Best luck I have had was to use Sharpie marker in a matching color. I had a par of black khakis I got from the thrift store to wear to work, and didn't realize there were bleach spots. I used a black sharpie, filling in the spots with a series of dots instead...

November 23, 2015 Flag

I got bleach my St. Patrick tee and I can't get it out. What should I do? It is my favorie tee shirt. It got on the green part. Does anyone have a suggestion to fix it? I got it for a gift.

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Unfortunately, Alison, bleach isn't a stain you can remove. One of the things you can do is buy green felt from your local dollar or fabric store, cut the felt into a shamrock shape and sew the shamrock over the bleached spot.

Cover it with a green felt tip marker or one of the marker used for coloring books. That's the best way I know how to describe it. I knew a lady who bought damaged items from the thrift store and she told me she did this all the time. It will probably...

July 21, 2015 Flag

How do I get brown bleach stains out of white jeans?

Are you sure those are bleach marks? I have never had bleach make marks on white things. However, whatever it is, you may have good luck by wetting the stain and the surrounding area and letting the sun shine on it. Sunlight will sometimes take out stains on white items, in the same way that sunlight will fade the colour out of coloured items.

I have the same problem on a white dress. The bleach left a light yellow stain on it. It wasn't to be bleach in the first place and my mother unknowingly poured in on my dress.

December 28, 2012 Flag

I have a dark blue polo sweater that I love and spilled bleach on it. Any suggestions on what I can do to save it and not throw it away?

By Kathryn

I've always uses sharpie permanent black marker on my black splashes of bleach and on navy blue....works wonderful. .try rubbing the marker in a little with your fingers. ..then it doesn't stick out as much.....

Try using fabric paint or markers for crafts

December 9, 2014 Flag

I tried cleaning some shoes of mine (pink and cotton) and I accidentally used bleach and it made a stain, a really big stain. What should I do?

Load More
Home and Garden Repair ClothingJanuary 10, 2013
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains On Clothing
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 28, 2016 at 5:07:08 PM on 10.0.2.103 in 5 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.