Repairing a Bleach Spot on Blue Polo Sweater?

I have a dark blue polo sweater that I love and spilled bleach on it. Any suggestions on what I can do to save it and not throw it away?

By Kathryn

If the spots are not very large, you could try to find a marker which matches the sweater's color, and fill them in. If you use a permanent marker, you won't have to do it every time the sweater is washed. If the spots are in a place where some trim would look good, you could get smaller decorative patches or a large one and cover the spots. These would be available at a fabric store. I have used marker to fill in bleach spots on pants, and it worked well. Hope this helps.

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 519 Posts

Is the sweater cotton? then you can use a colored marker to match & color in the bleach spot(s) if they are not too big. On wool or acrylic use a permanent marker (black will do for small spots on navy.)

Anonymous

I've always uses sharpie permanent black marker on my black splashes of bleach and on navy blue....works wonderful. .try rubbing the marker in a little with your fingers. ..then it doesn't stick out as much.....

Try using fabric paint or markers for crafts

Home and Garden Repair ClothingDecember 28, 2012
🌻
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Bleach-Spot-on-Blue-Polo-Sweater.html