Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Tenderizing Meat

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Tenderizing a pork chop.

Tenderizing meat, either manually or with a solution, makes for a tasty dish. This guide is about how to tenderize meats.

Solutions: Tenderizing Meat

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Tenderizing Pork Roast

To tenderize a pork loin or pork butt, put 1 gallon cold water , 1 can of regular Pepsi, Coke, or any dark soda, and 1/2 cup table salt in a large enough container to hold the meat. Add garlic and your seasonings. Put the pork into the mixture and marinate overnight. Roast the pork on a rack at 350 degrees F until meat thermometer registers 165 degrees F.

Source: My son, the chef. He is Cordon Bleu trained.

By crogrannie from Santa Monica, CA

Tip: Vinegar Marinade To Tenderize Meat

Use 2-3 Tbsp. of vinegar to tenderize meat. I add to my favorite marinade or, if I am not using a marinade, I mix 1/4 cup canola oil, 1/2 cup water and 2-3 Tbsp. vinegar (you can also use red wine vinegar but it takes 5-6 Tbsp.)

By Lisa from Waynesville,NC

Tip: Use Baking Soda To Tenderize Meat

When making stews or soups, and the meat will not get tender, try dipping a large wet tablespoon in your baking soda box and stirring it into your pot. It will foam up and disappear, with no effect on the texture or taste, tenderizing your meat. It really works!

By Jayme from Mansfield, TX

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Tenderizing Meat.

Question: Using Meat Tenderizer

Can meat tenderizer be added during the cooking process if I failed to put it on earlier?

By cnml

Most Recent Answer

By curreynolds05/07/2012

You can, but it won't be as strong.

Question: Looking for Meat Tenderizers

I am looking for meat tenderizers for beef, (e.g. minute steaks and other less tender meats).

Bo from Ontario

Most Recent Answer

By John Betmanis05/02/2009

Bulk Barn has meat tenderizer for about a buck for 100 grams. The seasoned stuff is a bit less and the plain white stuff a bit more. (The active ingredient is probably more costly than the seasoning used.) This works in 20 minutes, just like the Magic Creations Beef Marinade Zehrs had for 99¢/25 grams, but don't have anymore. I use about a tablespoon in enough water to cover the steak after perforating it with a fork. I buy the seasoned tenderizer, but you could probably cut it with the plain stuff if you find the seasoning a bit much.

Question: How Can I Tenderize Beef Brisket?

I was trying to buy a flank steak, but accidently bought a beef brisket. My husband says they are very tough and marinating won't help.

I'm not fond of chemicals,Is there a way to tenderize this without buying equipment?

I would LOVE a melt-in-your-mouth recipe to make my husband proud!

Thank you,

Thriftyone

Most Recent Answer

By krazylou01/25/2013

Personally I like to smoke it first with about 10 ounces of Hickory (not mesquite) chips. Smoke it for about 2 hrs or so. Then remove it from the smoker. Wrap and seal it in foil, shinney side in(to prevent the foil from retracting the heat) and bake it in the oven for an additional 4 to 6 hours at 250 degrees f. Wrap it in foil so it cooks in its own juices. If you dont have a smoker skip that step. Comes out nice and juicy very tender.