Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

My spinning cycle on my washing machine is not working correctly. The clothes are still wet, after cycle has finished. Please help.

By Nina from Blue Springs, MO

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Sounds like it is permanently set for Permanent Press or Gentle, and does not go into high speed. You are trading in nearly-dry for wrinkle-free . You can't have both with most washers.

Unless you just forgot about that setting, you probably have to replace the control.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://humor.webby.com/blog/

This isn't a fix for the machine, but what I do (I have the same problem) is put the dial on spin again for about 20 seconds. It works for me!

Check your top & bottom hoses on back of machine where the water come's in. I had the same problem, so my son took the hoses off & found they have a screen in them( at least mine did). Problem solved. I hope this works for you.

roadrouser

Nina, I don't know if this will help you or not but when our Whirlpool washer started doing this it was the Clutch that was wearing out. I took the make and model number of the washer and Googled the problem, you may find that there are several answers or options for your problem. We ended up taking ours to a local repair shop for a new (used) clutch replacement, much cheaper then buying a new washer. They said the newer models have cheaper parts that wear out faster than the old machines. Imagine that! Good Luck. :)

Answer

washing machine
Washer Not Spinning Properly
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersJanuary 23, 2011
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
A repairman looking at a washing machine.
Repairing a Washer That Won't Drain or Spin
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
Front Loading Washer
Front Loading Washer Not Spinning
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 28, 2016 at 2:11:56 AM on 10.0.1.218 in 300 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.