Washer Does Not Spin Water Out of Clothes

Having a washer full of wet clothes because it is not spinning all of the water out is frustrating. This is a guide about washer does not spin water out of clothes.

A repairman looking at a washing machine.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about Kenmore washer not spinning out all the water. It is difficult to complete your laundry when the washer no longer spins out all of the water from your clothing.

My spinning cycle on my washing machine is not working correctly. The clothes are still wet, after cycle has finished. Please help.

By Nina from Blue Springs, MO

Best Answer

Sounds like it is permanently set for Permanent Press or Gentle, and does not go into high speed. You are trading in nearly-dry for wrinkle-free . You can't have both with most washers.

Unless you just forgot about that setting, you probably have to replace the control.

Have FUN!

DearWebby

http://humor.webby.com/blog/

Best Answer

This isn't a fix for the machine, but what I do (I have the same problem) is put the dial on spin again for about 20 seconds. It works for me!

Best Answer

Check your top and bottom hoses on back of machine where the water comes in. I had the same problem, so my son took the hoses off and found they have a screen in them, at least mine did. Problem solved. I hope this works for you.

Best Answer

Nina, I don't know if this will help you or not but when our Whirlpool washer started doing this it was the Clutch that was wearing out. I took the make and model number of the washer and Googled the problem, you may find that there are several answers or options for your problem. We ended up taking ours to a local repair shop for a new (used) clutch replacement, much cheaper then buying a new washer. They said the newer models have cheaper parts that wear out faster than the old machines. Imagine that! Good Luck. :)

We bought this washer and clothes are wet when washer gets done what's wrong

Hi! Please open the bottom panel and clean the filter or the drain boot.If doesn't help then we will go farther. Thanks

Have to do extra spin on my brand new speed queen & still will cause more work for my dryer. Guess that is how the washer lasts so long

I have a 2013 Speed Queen top load washer #AWN432 that has not been spinning out all of the water for the past two months. The clothes are still quite wet on the final cycle. I checked the drain hose. It appears to be clear. Also, the water level appears to be self lowering. Any suggestions?

It might be a control panel issue like a faulty timer? Perhaps it's stopping too soon.

It could be a faulty inlet valve or timer. Unless you feel comfortable fixing this yourself,

you'll need a repair person.

sounds like the clutch is going out, or has gone out.

I have a Maytag front loading washing machine. It washes and drains fine, but all of the water doesn't spin out of the clothes. Before when this happened, I just ran the load through the entire cycle again and all was fine, but this time that didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do. I am not mechanically inclined, but can't afford repair.

By Patricia from Oklahoma City

Answers:

Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

We had a similar issue. We got a Spin Dryer from Laundry Alternative.
www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Spin_Dryer.html

The clothes come out very near to dry, I hang the clothes right on a plastic hanger. It's like the spinner does some of the work of the washer's spinning (only better) and is a jump start on the drying process.

It doesn't fix your washer, but it's a way around the problem. (12/22/2010)

By Bacawind

First suggestion is go online and get the owner's manual and do the trouble shooting they offer. Some front loading machines require cleaning cycles because they can 'gunk' up from soap/dirt, etc. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By aloham58

I was wondering why you'd been running the washer through the entire cycle a second time. Are you unable to set the machine to begin at the final spin cycle?

If you have a handy friend, perhaps he or she would be willing to take a look. One other thought: many machines have extended warranties. If your warranty is still in force, the manufacturer is obligated to repair it free. (12/23/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Does this help?
www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-atlantis-washing-machine-c10219.html (12/23/2010)

By crazyliblady

Hi sweetie, I have had this problem many times over the years. There is a small opening on the front of your machine down near the floor, place a towel down to catch the water then push the panel to reveal a disc, grip the disc and turn to open, this will let out the water and debris accumulated in the mesh tray, clean it out then put the whole thing back together (hand tight will be fine), your machine will be good to go again, if you do this periodically you won't have any trouble, take care, Honey. (12/23/2010)

By Honeybb