Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

My spinning cycle on my washing machine is not working correctly. The clothes are still wet, after cycle has finished. Please help.

By Nina from Blue Springs, MO

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Pam [7]01/25/2011

Nina, I don't know if this will help you or not but when our Whirlpool washer started doing this it was the Clutch that was wearing out. I took the make and model number of the washer and Googled the problem, you may find that there are several answers or options for your problem. We ended up taking ours to a local repair shop for a new (used) clutch replacement, much cheaper then buying a new washer. They said the newer models have cheaper parts that wear out faster than the old machines. Imagine that! Good Luck. :)

By Barbara [4]01/25/2011

Check your top & bottom hoses on back of machine where the water come's in. I had the same problem, so my son took the hoses off & found they have a screen in them( at least mine did). Problem solved. I hope this works for you.

roadrouser

By Jackie [7]01/24/2011

This isn't a fix for the machine, but what I do (I have the same problem) is put the dial on spin again for about 20 seconds. It works for me!

By Helmut [8]01/23/2011

Sounds like it is permanently set for Permanent Press or Gentle, and does not go into high speed. You are trading in nearly-dry for wrinkle-free . You can't have both with most washers.
Unless you just forgot about that setting, you probably have to replace the control.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://humor.webby.com/blog/

Here are questions related to Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes.

Question: Washer Not Spinning Out Water During Spin Cycle

My 8 year old washer spins during the spin cycle, but the water does not come out!

By Sgriffin

Question: Washing Machine Not Spinning Water Out

I have a Whirlpool Ultimate Care II washing machine. Sometimes it will not spin out well. Also, sometimes I have to give the tub a push to get it to start spinning.

By Kevin from Blue Ridge, GA

Question: Washing Machine Not Spinning Clothes as Dry as Usual

I have an Amana top loading heavy duty washing machine, probably 5-8 years old. It does not seem to spin clothes as dry as usual. Is there anything I can check or do before calling a repair person?

By KS from Mountain Home, AR

Most Recent Answer

By joan [3]09/04/2011

I'd check the condition of the belt. Perhaps it's stretched a bit or worn. This would mean it's not as tight as when new.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

I have a Maytag front loading washing machine. It washes and drains fine, but all of the water doesn't spin out of the clothes. Before when this happened, I just ran the load through the entire cycle again and all was fine, but this time that didn't seem to work. I don't know what to do. I am not mechanically inclined, but can't afford repair.

By Patricia from Oklahoma City

RE: Washer Does Not Spin All of the Water Out of the Clothes

We had a similar issue. We got a Spin Dryer from Laundry Alternative. www.laundry-alternative.com/products/Spin_Dryer.html The clothes come out very near to dry, I hang the clothes right on a plastic hanger. It's like the spinner does some of the work of the washer's spinning (only better) and is a jump start on the drying process. It doesn't fix your washer, but it's a way around the problem. (12/22/2010)

By Bacawind

First suggestion is go online and get the owner's manual and do the trouble shooting they offer. Some front loading machines require cleaning cycles because they can 'gunk' up from soap/dirt, etc. Good luck! (12/22/2010)

By aloham58

I was wondering why you'd been running the washer through the entire cycle a second time. Are you unable to set the machine to begin at the final spin cycle? Hmm... If you have a handy friend, perhaps he or she would be willing to take a look. One other thought: many machines have extended warranties. If your warranty is still in force, the manufacturer is obligated to repair it free. (12/23/2010)

By JustPlainJo

Does this help? www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/maytag-atlantis-washing-machine-c10219.html (12/23/2010)

By crazyliblady

Hi sweetie, I have had this problem many times over the years. There is a small opening on the front of your machine down near the floor, place a towel down to catch the water then push the panel to reveal a disc, grip the disc and turn to open, this will let out the water and debris accumulated in the mesh tray, clean it out then put the whole thing back together (hand tight will be fine), your machine will be good to go again, if you do this periodically you won't have any trouble, take care, Honey. (12/23/2010)

By Honeybb

By Honeybb