Selling Collectible Dolls

Whether you need extra money or space, sometimes selling a doll collection is necessary. This is a guide about selling collectible dolls.

November 11, 2013 Flag

I read most of the questioners about a way to sell "collector dolls". I am a collector also, and it hit me that maybe I should suggest the TV show,

PAWN STARS" might just be interested.

They are located in Las Vegas, NV. Maybe by contacting them, you
can confirm whether or not they can do business with you other than
having to go to Vegas to deal.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I've been cast on Pawn Stars a few times (2014). It's not "real"- it's a TV show. The benefit of being on the show is not taking the lowball offer & keeping your item. Then, IF it airs - which can take 3 months to a year - you get "free" global exposure & perceived "credibility" you can advertise ...

January 14, 2017 Flag

I would like to sell my Vanessa Ricardi dolls. All are NIB. Years 1998-2000. Where is the best place to sell and determine their value? eBay has listings, but not of my dolls.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Go to dollreference.com to determine what they are worth and then you can put them on eBay.

October 3, 2016 Flag

Who buys dolls? Does anyone travel to look at them?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I do not know where you live but it is very difficult to sell dolls almost anywhere unless it is a very special doll.

Many people think they have "special" dolls but the internet has

made almost all brands/types of dolls so plentiful (and very cheap)

that you can get almost as much money at a yard sale and a whole lot less trouble.

Check out your dolls on eBay and other sites (try Google) and also check the actives of Thirty for more information.

It seems that porcelain dolls are the most plentiful.

I do not mean that your dolls may not be special so check for

yourself. Some people are using Craig's list to sell things and

with Christmas on its way you may be able sell your dolls.

October 26, 2016 Flag

I have a Suzy Walker walking doll bought in 1947, with original shoes and socks, and original ribbons on her hair. What is the worth today?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

August 15, 2016 Flag

I have a number of Kewpie Dolls, (Effanbee), in various sizes and colors. Do you have any idea where I can sell them? They are in the boxes with numbered certificates.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 16, 2014 Flag

I have somewhere between 1000 to 2000 dolls that I would like to sell. I would like to sell them all at one time. What is the best way to do that?

By Robin

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hello neighbor I just want to give you a heads up, my father had a train collection and we went to collectors asking what they were worth if we wanted to sell them and they were offering us rock bottom prices even under bidding and taking advantage of an innocent persons ignorance on the subject.

A friend suggested we ask collectors their value so we could insure them and we actually got prices 3 and 4 times more than what we were told when inquiring on selling prices. Trust no one unless u get the real value thru the "insurance" metaphor and then you will know the asking price and the true value of your dolls.

Then we offered them bulk on craigslist and accepted a generous offer from someone who would continue to treasure them. Be wise friend, try my method so no one rips u off, any stranger would! God bless and good luck. Gia in massapequa park, ny

March 16, 2015 Flag

I have a boxed 20" Ashton Drake Gallery doll with certification of authenticity. It's a real life like doll with baby clothes. I wish to sell it either directly or to a collector,not via eBay or gumtree. Please can you give me some advice? Thank you.

By Lee

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you for your post and interest in Ashton-Drake dolls. Unfortunately, we no longer have a secondary market for retired dolls. You may want to check eBay or visit an antique/doll shop to get a value for your ballerina doll. Good luck! Thank you, Chris

May 14, 2011 Flag

I have several dolls I need to sell. How do I go about it and who could I contact to sell them? I have Prince Charles and Princess Diana wedding dolls, Elvis, Marilyn Monroe, 3 Bob Mackie dolls, and 2 Princess Diana dolls, one in a white dress and one in blue velvet.

By revay

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Ebay, Craigslist,Antique collectors/dealers in town or your local paper. Good Luck. : )

August 20, 2014 Flag

I have a least 10 collectible dolls for sale. I'm Melbourne Florida. I need to know the value. They are 10 to 15 years old.

By Debra Carree from Melbourne, FL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Check out answers on Thrifty site. Go to the top right of your screen and put porcelain dolls in search area... lots of information.

February 19, 2014 Flag

I am trying to sell four dolls. Their names are: Brook D-24, Victoria Ashlea, Megan #46026, and Kristal # 0099 1200. Any suggestions?

By Luther

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Google their worth. Then, see what people are selling them for on eBay, then decide if you want to take the hit on money whether you sell them or not. Try Craigslist but be prepared for spammers who just want you to link to their sites and make money.

Sometimes a consignment shop is best. They pay for the advertisement, keep some and you get the rest. Your items are insured, and you can always take a photo of them and post it on facebook... thus giving them a shout out. Good for everyone. And finally, if you have facebook friends who love dolls, announce their sales on there. Good luck!!

September 5, 2013 Flag

I have the complete set of the Effanbee Legend series dolls. I need to sell. How can I find someone interested in these dolls?

By Karen

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi - not sure how many dolls you have as there is a very large number in the Legend series.

A large group may be difficult to sell unless you have a local auction that deals in that type of merchandise - and a group will sell for a lot less than selling individual dolls.

Check your dolls on eBay, Ruby Lane, Amazon. Google dolls by the series or individual names. You can get a good idea of what people are asking for each doll.

Selling dolls at a decent price through these outlets takes a lot of work and time (usually months) unless you list them at a very low price. Groups sell but at a much lower price per doll.

You might find a local shop that would be interested in buying as a group but expect to be quoted a low price (maybe even 10.00 per doll).

Shipping is another story altogether! Dolls are difficult to ship so try to stay with local pickup.

Selling on Craigslist can be done also but be very careful who you invite into your home to view your dolls.

January 15, 2011 Flag

Due to difficult economic times, I am selling off things to bring in some money. I have several collector dolls from places such as Ashton Drake Galleries, Danbury Mint, Franklin Mint, that are closed issues now. Where is the best place to try an sell them? eBay doesn't seem to bring good sales for collector items.

By nvfostermom from Las Vegas, NV

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a friend who needed to sell her stuff she had the best luck at community flea markets or church sales.

March 13, 2013 Flag

How can you find someone to buy collectable dolls?

By JMB

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi - this question is asked almost every week and the answer is almost always the same. eBay is the biggest site for selling things like this. Do your research at eBay and Google. You will most likely be disappointed with the price they are selling - if they sell at all.

March 10, 2013 Flag

I have a large collection of ceramic dolls from the 20s and 30s to sell. How do I find buyers?

By Shy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi - you will have to go to eBay (takes lots of photos) or Craigslist. You need to check out each doll on Google and eBay.

September 26, 2011 Flag

How do I find a good place to sell some Barbie dolls? I have three Marylin Monroe Barbie dolls, Day in the Sun, Hollywood Cast Party, and Publicity Tour. They are still in their cases, they have never been opened. They are also their third, fourth, and fifth series. If anyone has suggestions for selling them please advise. Thank you.

By Jesica A. from Rocklin, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The advantages of Craigslist is you get cash and local people only see it. The advantages of eBay is that the world sees it and unless you put a "buy it now" option, bidding wars ensue for things two or more people want. Put Barbies in eBay and you will find thousands, but it will also give you an idea of what they are selling for. I have sold 18 on eBay over the last 12 months, so it's a toss up as to which one I like best.

Sandi

April 10, 2015 Flag

I have a collection of dolls from around the world. What would be the best way for me to sell them? They range from 15-20 years old.

By Peg R

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 2, 2015 Flag

I have a doll, Emily, of American Girl, Mary Kay collection. She is 18 inches, she is #4 of 50, from 1993.
She is in her original outfit and in like new condition, no box.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 14, 2014 Flag

I inherited about 50 dolls from my mother when she passed. I need to find a doll collector to sell these dolls. Some are very old and have real hair and glass eyes. Some are jointed and some are filled with sawdust. She had every doll imaginable. How do I find a dealer to help me sell them? Anybody got any connections or contacts? Some might even be museum quality. They are beautiful. Please help. She even had a very rare John Wayne doll that was part of a limited amount that were made to help fund cancer research. It is still in the box with its certificate.

By Vicki

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 7, 2013 Flag

I have several dolls I bought when I lived in Germany. I was told they were collectables. How do I find out for sure?

By Jennifer E

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

December 12, 2012 Flag

I have a 1962 Midge Barbie doll in the box. What is the value?

By Linda from Austin, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 24, 2011 Flag

I have a 42 inch Rustie doll named Audro. How can I find out her selling price and history so I can list her?

By Georgette from Dayton, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 15, 2011 Flag

I am trying to sell porcelain dolls and would like to know how I would go about doing so?

Shelia

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

Post them for sell on craigslist.com or eBay after checking on line for current prices. (09/15/2010)

By wildmint

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 12, 2010 Flag

Selling Collectible Dolls

I have a variety of dolls that I have collected over the years. I would like to sell them. They are of various shapes and sizes. How do I do this?

By Judy from Las Vegas, NV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

October 27, 2009 Flag

Selling Collectible Dolls

When I was little, I knew I wanted to be an actress, and the person who sparked that initial love was Marylin Monroe. As a gift, to encourage my dream, my parents bought me the full 6 doll set of DSI Marylin Monroe collectors dolls. I love my dolls, and they mean a lot to me, but I need to sell them now to help pay for school so I can pursue that dream.

But I don't really know where or how to sell them. I know there is always ebay, but I worry that they will not go to a person who will cherish them or that I will have to break up the collection. So I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to find actual collectors and try finding a loving home for these treasures? This is a picture of the back, it has all six pictured.

By Pascallesbel from Akron, OH

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

I don't know much about your dolls, but I do know that if something was made specifically to sell as a collector, it will not be worth what you might think it is. I would google to find out any sites that might be able to tell you the worth of it. (09/06/2009)

By Laniegirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 3, 2009 Flag

I have a Princess Diana doll in her wedding dress and it was never taken out of the box. Any ideas where to sell her?

By nikki1223

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

First I would go onto Ebay and find out how much similar dolls are selling for. You certainly can sell it on Ebay, but you could post it for free on Craig's List. (05/06/2009)

By RealtorRose

Selling Collectible Dolls

Hi nikki1223, I would be interested in seeing a photo of your doll. Thanks, kphipps3 (07/25/2009)

By kphipps3

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 6, 2009 Flag

I'm interested in selling my porcelain dolls. I have tried E bay and didn't get any bids due to, too many being sold there. Most of the dolls I have, my dad bought from either the Danbury Mint or the Franklin Mint. I really need to sell them. If anyone has any ideas on how to sell them please let me know.

Julie from Lakeland, Florida

Answers:

Selling Collectible Dolls

Have you tried www.craigslist.com? You might want to take a look at what's there first. There's no charge for advertising on there. (11/13/2008)

By Marylin D.

Selling Collectible Dolls

Julie , I don't think you will get nearly what your Dad paid for the dolls. Too many people bought to "invest" in the future. That is not now, future is for your granddaughters or even great grands. If the the Dolls and their boxes are in MINT condition they "might" be worth something in 50 -100 years.The same goes for collector plates and anything else. They sold too many to be valuable now. ( I know, we bought Red Skelton's plates. )

They say to collect what you love and enjoy, because you will never get what you paid for the stuff. A case in point, a cousin was so proud she bought a small decorator plate on E-Bay for one penny and paid $6.00 for the S and H . If you do put the dolls up for sale, be sure you have them appraised first so you know what they are worth. Buyers want to find a bargain on E-Bay and sellers want to make money. Good Luck to everyone. GG Vi (11/14/2008)

By Great Granny Vi

Selling Collectible Dolls

You may also check with your local auctions. You can always place a minimum bid on really valuable items and sell some as a group to be more appealing to shoppers. People who collect old items often go to auctions.
Check: auctionzip.com (11/21/2008)

By guest

Selling Collectible Dolls

I notice you live in Florida. I use to belong to the "Florida Collectors Doll Guild," there. Contact them they will help you get in contact with others who are both buying and selling. (12/13/2008)

By BC>

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 13, 2008 Flag

Calling all doll collectors! Where do doll collectors congregate and/or search for dolls to add to their collections?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsMarch 12, 2013
Granville House Doll
Finding the Value of Granville House Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Doll
Finding the Value of Seymour Mann Dolls
Barbie Doll
Selling Collectible Barbies
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 10:27:49 AM on 10.0.1.55 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.