Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plans

Knowing the amount of different foods you can substitute to maintain your diet plan is important. This guide is about weight watcher's diet exchange plans.

A girl holding a healthy meal in one hand and an unhealthy meal in the other.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

January 18, 2011 Flag

I too need the food log for the 80's Weight Watcher exchange program. I made one myself, but it is not as good as what they had. I am still searching here.

I called and canceled my Nutrisystem program this a.m. The food gave me severe stomach cramps and other issues. I just can't tolerate the sugar alcohols and fat free chemicals. I am going back to real food. I need more protein and less carbs than current WW programs; they just don't work. This one does.

By parmstro from TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is exactly what I am looking for!! If you have more of these sheets, I would greatly appreciate it if you could email them to me! s.tomsick at att.net. Thank you very much!!! :)

I need a copy of this!!!

Read More Answers...

February 4, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have the old Weight Watchers exchange plan info? I think you could eat like 5 starches, 3 proteins, 2 fruits, 2 dairy, etc. a day. I lost 50 pounds on that plan and I'd like to try it again.

By Cheryl O

For women: 3 fruit,

minimum 2 vegetables,

2 milk,

2 bread,

3 fat,

6 protein

Hope this helps. I am in the process of determining quantities of each exchange. Anyone remember? The protein was 1 ounce = 1 exchange, but that's all I remember.

This is wrong...Its 2 milks 3 fats 2 fruits at least 3 but unlimited vegtables and four to six breads...This is for women.

Read More Answers...

May 11, 2011 Flag

I had great success on the old Weight Watchers plan in 1989, if someone can help me with the food list, the exchanges, and what ever else I would need to get started I would appreciate your help more then you would know? To be honest I'm very scared at this point with the unknown.

I became immobile due to my right knee needing to be replaced. I weighed 329 pounds on July 29, 2007 that saved my life. I'm now at 183, however, I had lost down to 155 pounds. I've had a steady weight gain since about October causing me great concern. I've also had a total left hip replacement with a DePuy device which has been recalled, I have high levels of cobalt and chromium in my system. The specialist I've been seeing doesn't seem to know what to do. He just keeps sending me for test upon test, I guess trying to figure out what to do.

I know in the mean time I have felt sick since late June 2010, I'm not sure if it's the stress causing me to gain weight or the fact that I'm becoming immobile again due to the amount of pain I'm in and feeling sick all the time.

I had my right knee replaced, also with a DePuy device, I've continued to be in great pain with this device, and fluid that ponds just below my knee, with pain that shoots down into my shin bone. I keep being told that the x-rays show I'm fine however I know I'm not fine it hurts all the time. I doing my best to live with all of this pain and suffering I'm in.

I feel if I can find the Weight Watchers plan that helped me lose 50 pounds after the birth of my son in 1985 I could lose these extra pounds and keep them off.

Thank you for your time.

By Curious Lady 1961

Do consider a second opinion on the recalled hip replacement. Two people I know who had these hip replacements felt very sick. They felt it was the heavy metals in their systems. Both of them had the replacements replaced. Afterwards they did not feel ill all the time. You can find some folks with 1st hand experience on the net. sharing their experiences. Good luck to you and congratulations on the incredible weight loss. Dont wait on the 2nd opinion.

Try this used books site. Click on advanced search in the upper right corner to enter weight watchers and the years 1980 to 1990. I found a few titles. Good luck.

http://www.alibris.com

Read More Answers...

November 29, 2010 Flag

I'm looking for the Weight Watcher plan. I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day for a male 18 yrs. old.

By Dixie from Millstadt, IL

I would love to have the recipe for the Pasta Primavera that was on the booklets during this time. Does anyone have it?

Read More Answers...

April 30, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a copy of the Weight Watchers diet from the 1970s that they could share? or know how to find one online? I've lost mine and that diet seemed to work for me back then and the new versions don't now. The new one is too lenient for me. I need the structure of the old diet. Thanks.

By Janet from AR

I think that if you had good luck then, it was about your age...it works better when you are younger because you are more active. As we age, we need a lot more exercise to lose pounds effectively. I would love to lose even 10 pounds but find that the older I get the more difficult it is. I agree with Pookarina, I am getting to the point where it is "take me or leave me."

The post from MartyD is exactly right! I did the same thing, and found the 1970s weight watchers. In the 60s the original plan was very Spartan; 1970s included fats and was wonderful, with just enough structure (as I need as well) but a little wiggle room on what you ate & when. I remember them saying they found that this version produced body shape changes that they hadn't seen before, or expected. Here's the website: http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/old1972ww.html

Read More Answers...

December 24, 2009 Flag

Does some type of conversion chart exist for the Weight Watchers Points? I prefer the exchange plan and Weight Watchers products in the store always print the points information on the box instead. So I end up searching for other products that still use the exchange system. By Satie from SC

I can't seem to follow the point system either. I lost 142 lbs on the exchange system. I think it was more structured, and that is what I need now. I wish Weight Watchers would give people a choice.

I am not sure if this will help but you might just check out http://www.diabeticconnect.com

It has recipes and guidelines and all kinds of recipes for diabetics and healthy eating and weight loss info.

Read More Answers...

February 3, 2014 Flag

A number of posters are asking for information on the old Weight Watchers Exchange Program from the 80s. eBay has listings for the Weight Watchers Quick Start PLUS Program Cookbook. Same as mine from 1986, it lists all the information from the Exchange Program. Just type in Weight Watchers Quick Start under cookbooks.

Finding Old Weight Watchers Programs
    Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

May 21, 2011 Flag

Weight Watchers used to do the exchange system, but has since changed to the point system. Does anyone know where I can find a conversion tool or chart so I can find out the exchange for the points posted on different products? Thank you!

By Katie K

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as that. For the new point system, started in January 2011, you really need their materials. You can usually find them on the popular online auction site; (or you can join the program online and never need to go to a meeting). Up until January, there was a mathematical formula you could use that looked at calories/fat/fiber to assign points; so once you figured how many points per day you should allow, it was easy. Now they take into account other values in the foods; and most fruits and veggies have zero points.

If you google "weight watchers points" and similar phrases, you can probably find all the information you need on the previous points program. I am not sure you will find as much for the newer "points plus" program. The older one is still a great program, so you may be happy with that!

You really need to join WW online. Their site has a point calculator and a recipe builder where you enter all the ingredients and it tells you the points per serving. If you can't find the food on the list, it gives you a tool to enter the fiber, fat and protein content and then it converts it for you.

January 21, 2010 Flag

I am looking for the Weight Watchers 3-3-3 diet plan. I used it many years ago but I lost it when I moved. The Weight Watchers meetings are not doing it for me. All they talk about is the new points program and it doesn't help at all.

By Cyndy from Chatham, Ontario

Dinner

Black coffee or tea (Sweet & Low or Equal) or water

1/2 Grapefruit or Juice

1 slice toast with 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter 1/2 Cup of Tuna

1 slice toast

Black coffee or tea (Sweet & Low or Equal) or water 3 oz. any lean meat

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 cup vanilla ice cream

1 medium apple

Day 2

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

1 egg (any style)

1 slice toast

1 banana

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

5 saltine crackers

2 beef franks or hot dogs

1/2 cup carrots

1 banana

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast Lunch Dinner

5 regular saltine crackers

1 oz.(slice) cheddar cheese

1 apple 1 hard boiled egg

1 slice toast

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Hope this is what you want, good luck.

Hy Cyndy; It sounds like you are having trouble understanding the weight watchers points system. Why don't you tell your leader that you are having trouble. I joined Weight Watchers last May and lost 20 lbs by the end of September. I think you will find the points system easy to follow once you get into it. Most vegetables are free and fruit is very low in points value so there are lots of low points foods to choose from. Once you get into the habit of keeping track of what you eat, it gets easier. Good Luck! Joan from Chesterfied, MI

December 27, 2011 Flag

I have been looking for the 1980s Weight Watchers exchanges booklet. Can you tell me where I can find this? Thank you.

Irene

I looked on wikianswers and found that the curves diet plan offers a similar exchange list. Here is their website:

http://news.curves.com/press+releases/30+Day++Plan/

Here is the regular Weight Watchers Webpage. While I was there I subscribed to their newsletter.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/index.aspx

Blessings, Robyn

May 15, 2011 Flag

Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the old 1980s Weight Watchers Exchange plan? I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day, etc. In other words just about everything concerning this plan. Thank you very much.

By victoriapenny

I have a copy of the Weight Watchers Quick Start Plus Cookbook from 1986. The daily exchanges for a women are as follows:

Week l

3 fruits, at least 2 veggies, 2 milk, 2 bread, 3 fat, and 6 proteins.

Week 2

add 1 protein

Weeks 3 and 4

add 1 bread and 2 proteins

You should always eat breakfast. Don;'t eat more than 4 eggs in a week.

Eat a minimum of 3 fish meals. eat 3 to 4 oz. liver in Weeks 12 and 3. Week 4, eat 4 t0 6 oz. liver. I hope this helps. This book is full of info.

November 29, 2010 Flag

I need the 1990's Weight Watchers Exchange program.

By Melanie from Albany, GA

October 18, 2010 Flag

I walked into a second hand store and, among the books, I found a plastic folder with the 1990 Weight Watchers diet in it. It is a 3-level diet plan, complete with food lists, an unused diary, etc.

I have never been on Weight Watchers before, so my question is, on each level, you are allowed a certain amount of "floaters" per week, but I read through all the literature in the folder and I can't find an explanation of what a floater is.

I searched the web and ThriftyFun and can't find an explanation, although I did learn that Weight Watchers hasn't used floaters in their diet plans in quite a while. If anyone has been on the 1990 diet and knows what a floater is, I would appreciate it if you would share that information with me.

By Fortunately

Answers:

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

Floaters are bread, protein, and fruit. (08/20/2010)

By garnetgirl9

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plan

Thank you, garnetgirl9. (08/20/2010)

By Fortunately

Load More
    Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingApril 17, 2013
    Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
    Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
    Weight Watchers Help Scale
    Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
    Yogurt Bread Dough
    Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
    Weighing in on Scale
    Using Weight Watchers
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 24, 2016 at 4:06:08 PM on 10.0.0.96 in 976 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.