Browsing: Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plans

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Weight Watchers Diet Exchange Plans

Knowing the amount of different foods you can substitute to maintain your diet plan is important. This guide is about weight watcher's diet exchange plans.

A girl holding a healthy meal in one hand and an unhealthy meal in the other.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

February 4, 2012 Flag

Does anyone have the old Weight Watchers exchange plan info? I think you could eat like 5 starches, 3 proteins, 2 fruits, 2 dairy, etc. a day. I lost 50 pounds on that plan and I'd like to try it again.

By Cheryl O

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If you have another copy you could send I would really appreciate it. K

I would love a copy of this!!!

Read More Answers...

January 18, 2011 Flag

I too need the food log for the 80's Weight Watcher exchange program. I made one myself, but it is not as good as what they had. I am still searching here.

I called and canceled my Nutrisystem program this a.m. The food gave me severe stomach cramps and other issues. I just can't tolerate the sugar alcohols and fat free chemicals. I am going back to real food. I need more protein and less carbs than current WW programs; they just don't work. This one does.

By parmstro from TX

I need a copy of this!!!

Please could you send me a copy of this to sarahcrowe at btinternet.com. Many thanks.

Read More Answers...

May 11, 2011 Flag

I had great success on the old Weight Watchers plan in 1989, if someone can help me with the food list, the exchanges, and what ever else I would need to get started I would appreciate your help more then you would know? To be honest I'm very scared at this point with the unknown.

I became immobile due to my right knee needing to be replaced. I weighed 329 pounds on July 29, 2007 that saved my life. I'm now at 183, however, I had lost down to 155 pounds. I've had a steady weight gain since about October causing me great concern. I've also had a total left hip replacement with a DePuy device which has been recalled, I have high levels of cobalt and chromium in my system. The specialist I've been seeing doesn't seem to know what to do. He just keeps sending me for test upon test, I guess trying to figure out what to do.

I know in the mean time I have felt sick since late June 2010, I'm not sure if it's the stress causing me to gain weight or the fact that I'm becoming immobile again due to the amount of pain I'm in and feeling sick all the time.

I had my right knee replaced, also with a DePuy device, I've continued to be in great pain with this device, and fluid that ponds just below my knee, with pain that shoots down into my shin bone. I keep being told that the x-rays show I'm fine however I know I'm not fine it hurts all the time. I doing my best to live with all of this pain and suffering I'm in.

I feel if I can find the Weight Watchers plan that helped me lose 50 pounds after the birth of my son in 1985 I could lose these extra pounds and keep them off.

Thank you for your time.

By Curious Lady 1961

But how do I figure out what is in the frozen foods they sell now. It only tells the points? Is it possible to do so? I loved the old program too.

Am looking for a copy of the old weight watchers program. the one where you counted , fat, protein, dairy and so on

Read More Answers...

February 3, 2014 Flag

A number of posters are asking for information on the old Weight Watchers Exchange Program from the 80s. eBay has listings for the Weight Watchers Quick Start PLUS Program Cookbook. Same as mine from 1986, it lists all the information from the Exchange Program. Just type in Weight Watchers Quick Start under cookbooks.

Finding Old Weight Watchers Programs

November 29, 2010 Flag

I'm looking for the Weight Watcher plan. I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day for a male 18 yrs. old.

By Dixie from Millstadt, IL

I would love to have the recipe for the Pasta Primavera that was on the booklets during this time. Does anyone have it?

Read More Answers...

April 30, 2010 Flag

Does anyone have a copy of the Weight Watchers diet from the 1970s that they could share? or know how to find one online? I've lost mine and that diet seemed to work for me back then and the new versions don't now. The new one is too lenient for me. I need the structure of the old diet. Thanks.

By Janet from AR

I think that if you had good luck then, it was about your age...it works better when you are younger because you are more active. As we age, we need a lot more exercise to lose pounds effectively. I would love to lose even 10 pounds but find that the older I get the more difficult it is. I agree with Pookarina, I am getting to the point where it is "take me or leave me."

The post from MartyD is exactly right! I did the same thing, and found the 1970s weight watchers. In the 60s the original plan was very Spartan; 1970s included fats and was wonderful, with just enough structure (as I need as well) but a little wiggle room on what you ate & when. I remember them saying they found that this version produced body shape changes that they hadn't seen before, or expected. Here's the website: http://www.dwlz.com/WWinfo/old1972ww.html

Read More Answers...

December 24, 2009 Flag

Does some type of conversion chart exist for the Weight Watchers Points? I prefer the exchange plan and Weight Watchers products in the store always print the points information on the box instead. So I end up searching for other products that still use the exchange system. By Satie from SC

I can't seem to follow the point system either. I lost 142 lbs on the exchange system. I think it was more structured, and that is what I need now. I wish Weight Watchers would give people a choice.

I am not sure if this will help but you might just check out http://www.diabeticconnect.com

It has recipes and guidelines and all kinds of recipes for diabetics and healthy eating and weight loss info.

Read More Answers...

May 21, 2011 Flag

Weight Watchers used to do the exchange system, but has since changed to the point system. Does anyone know where I can find a conversion tool or chart so I can find out the exchange for the points posted on different products?

January 21, 2010 Flag

I am looking for the Weight Watchers 3-3-3 diet plan. I used it many years ago but I lost it when I moved. The Weight Watchers meetings are not doing it for me. All they talk about is the new points program and it doesn't help at all.

Load More
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingApril 17, 2013
Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 29, 2016 at 1:04:53 PM on 10.0.2.56 in 6 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.