Tiny Black Bugs in Kitchen

I live in northeast Ohio and for the last couple of days we have had these small black bugs in our kitchen. They are mainly on the floor around the baseboards. There are a lot of them. Anyone know what they are and how to get rid of them?

By Mary H.

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

I have had these same bugs. I am not sure of the name but I consider them flour weevels. they come in all flour and if you have flour around long enough, they hatch. If you have some old flour, get rid of it, and clean up well.

I just found them in noodles and beans I've seen weevels these have wings

If they are weevils, the best advice I found to get rid of them was on www.ehow.com. Even after I got rid of all the food the darned things were around for a long time. I managed to get rid of them just before I decided to give up and call an exterminator. Ehow saved me a lot of money!

the little black bugs I have hang aroundthe light under my kitchen stove and my lamp shade light in the living room when you squeeze them they disappear like ashes

They are two different types of pantry pests, usually infest old food. Don't forget about old doggie treats. Getting rid of the source and anything they may have infested and thorough cleaning is all that is needed to rid them.

Lar-exterminator

Had the same problem. Went digging through the cupboard they seemed to be coming from and found them all through a bag of those pill sized dog treats my spouse didn't secure the twist tie on. Threw those out and cleaned, hopefully they're gone.

I have the same thing. They are near the baseboard but most are in the kitchen on the window seal. I have seen a few flying but are mostly dead.

Home and Garden Pest Control BugsAugust 3, 2011
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Smashed bugs on front of car
Cleaning Love Bugs from Cars
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 18, 2017 at 1:24:12 AM on 10.0.0.88 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.