Nail TipsBeauty

Acrylic Nails Lifting

Category Nail Tips

After applying acrylic and all said in done. I notice after a day or two they start to lift. Why? What am I doing wrong and what can I do to keep from having this happen again?

By Magan V.

Best Answer

Make sure to get all oil off natural nails and push cuticles back and lightly buff the nail plate.

This will usually happen if you do them yourself. Get them professionally done next time if you want to avoid that. More money, but worth it.

I disagree with going to a salon, if they are lifting then you probably have oils on the nail. You can save literally thousands of dollars doing it yourself, I do my own and a friends and the turn out beautiful and rarely lose any.

My only dilema is when I apply it, it is not smooth like the videos, if I use my liquid then it runs down on the sides and bulks there.