Choosing Curtains to Go with Mexican Tile Floor

I moved into a studio apartment with Mexican floor tiles. The tile pattern has some with a dark blue and sunny yellow design. I have a grey comforter (neutral). The studio is small and I need curtains, but I can not decide what to do for them. I can't decide between grey and yellow, solid blue, solid yellow, or orange for the Mexican tile. A few ideas will help, thank you.

By Colleen

I am assumng the studio apt. is not very large. I would go with the solid yellow, keeping it as light as possible.

Perhaps a pinstripe in all the colors but yellow and have a light yellow or white background. Look for flat bed sheets in the right size to fit your windows to save some money. If you wanted to block the light, have u considered serapes.

I would add to the other answers, match the walls to make the apartment look larger. I liked the idea of using sheets - been there, done that. The fewer colors, the the larger the apartment will look. Hope this helps.

Go bold to complete your look. Bright golden yellow or orange. Or depending on the size of the windows you could put a sheer one in the middle-white or yellow & orange on each side & tie back with silk braided rope or fringed braided rope.

This will brighten it up! Good luck & have fun.