Curtain Color Advice

I have brown couches, tan carpet, and white walls. What color should I go with for curtains? Also, I have lots of black frames and a black entertainment center. Help!

By Ambr L from Colorado Springs, CO

Two shades of blue would complement nicely with the brown and tan.

You could use just about any color your choose under these circumstances.

A curtain with design that includes these three colors and a brighter accent color as the main color in the curtain. Then add a few pillows of the bright color in the curtains.

This is a very neutral pallet. You could use just about anything with those colors. Pick a print or pattern that is in a color you like - blue, pink, green, golds - whatever, and that incorporates the tans that you have, and use the colors for drapes, or on throw pillows, and use solid drapes in the accent color.

Another way to go, if you like to have lots of artwork on your walls (not just one or two pictures, but lots -I have twelve paintings in my living room), is to use another neutral on the drapes, and then just showcase your artwork and knick knacks for the color. I have white sheer drapes.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsJune 4, 2013
💘
🍀