Countertop Color Advice

I have whitewash cabinets with black appliances and a black sink. I need help with countertop color.

By Tammy

Depends on how bold, traditional, or quirky you want to go. You could do red. Black, white and red is often rather quirky.

You could go white, blending with the white that is already there. If you wanted to do add something else in curtains, shades, etc, it would not clash with the red.

I would stay away from ivory, cream, or an off-white, it could look like you were trying to match the white and did not succeed.

As for what I would do, it depends on how big the room is, and the natural lighting. If it is a large room, with great natural light for at least half the day, I would go with red. If not, I would go with white, with a possible mirror to bounce around the natural light and make the room lighter and appear bigger.

Really, ANYTHING you choose could work, but with something as permanent as countertops, just make sure you are in love with it. Cabinets can be sanded/painted/replaced alot more inexpensively than countertops.

Try this. It's Better Homes and Gardens paint site where you can pick your colors for items in different rooms. Hope it helps. Good Luck
www.bhg.com/.../

Speckled white/gray.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating KitchenApril 12, 2013
🌻
📓
🎂