Curtain Color Advice?

We will be ordering new curtains for our living room. The walls are painted with a beige/light cream color. And, then we have a tan leather sofa and dark walnut wooden flooring.

I've got couple of options either to go for a light natural color or to go for contrast bright yellow/lime/orange. But I am not sure whether bright yellow/lime/orange would go with the current decor or not?

I would appreciate your advise and many thanks.

I would go with any of those colors, but I would use a soft shade instead of bright.

Color curtain advice.

Step 1
Beige goes with blue,brown,emerald,black,red and white.

Step 2
Dark walnut flooring goes with green,and teal nicely.

Step 3
I would go with a teal color for your curtains it would give a nice pop of color.

I think a nice teal color would really bring out your room. It would brighten it up and help tie your colors together. I also like the idea of a light orange or very light mint green color too.

I think what you should do is get a few samples of curtain material and put them next to your furniture. You will be able to tell what color is best suited for your living room.

I think a teal or lavender would be a nice pop of color.

Beige is a neutral color that will go with almost anything. Maybe not as much as black or white, but close. If you are wanting a bright pop of color (you mentioned orange) go for it. The wall color will look totally different with the bright pop of color, and if you need to you can always add to it with some throw pillows or such in other colors like Blue, Turquoise, Red, Yellow, Green, or whatever. Just try to keep in the same shade range as the first color(say orange for example) and the walls will not even be noticed.

What is noticed is the eye catching color that you are talking of adding, and colors like you mentioned will also look fine with your darker brown furniture....but most of all have a little fun with it! Don't be afraid to step out of the box you could say.. (I have beige walls with cranberry colored curtains, and old fashioned roses in rust surrounded by sage green, tan, and brown. It fits my likes but would not be someone else's that might like another range of color.)

Hi All,

Many many thanks for your comments, suggestions and advise. I really appreciate that. I've ordered some samples and will see what goes with that. Once it's done - I will upload some pics...

Best regards,
Vishal.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating CurtainsNovember 9, 2017
😷
🌻
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Curtain-Color-Advice-187.html