Dog Started Peeing in the House

I have an 11 year old male neutered Lab and a 3 year old spayed Staff. Both are very much house broken. I have recently had a friend's dog to visit overnight a few times who is an unspayed female Staff and since then my female has taken to peeing on my rug. Only my rug, but I don't know why. She doesn't do it when the friend's dog is here, but a couple of days later. I have no idea why or how to stop this behaviour. She also hasn't stopped peeing on pavement and will only pee on grass or fake grass or my fluffy rug it seems.

Best Answer

You may have to go back to crate training her, or else make a point of training her to not do it.

The thing to do would be to catch her in the act, and with a firm but gentle voice startle her out of it (such as by saying NO!) and then quickly take her to where you want her to pee.

When she successfully completes the pee, give her praise and a treat.

She is marking her territory. Make sure you clean your rug with an enzyme cleaner to get rid of the odor or she will keep coming back.

She is smelling the other dog and marking her territory. It is her way of letting the other dog know thats her area and she is in charge.

Makes sense but should she be reacting like this when spayed? I didnt think spayed females marked territory

Pets Dogs AdviceMay 9, 2018
🍂
🎄