Easy Zucchini Bread
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
Zucchini is exploding in gardens and supermarkets. Take advantage of this and make this delicious bread. I reduced the sugar by half and substituted Splenda, and left out the nuts due to allergies in the family.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup finely shredded, unpeeled zucchini
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 tsp finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease bottom and sides of a loaf pan.
- Press out some of the zucchini liquid to avoid a runny batter.
- In medium mixing bowl combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Make a well in center of dry mixture and set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine eggs, sugar, zucchini, oil and lemon peel. Add zucchini mixture all at once to dry mixture. Stir until moistened batter will be lumpy do not over mix. Fold in nuts.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.