Feeding Young Kittens

I have had 2 kittens since they were 6 weeks old. I used baby pablum at first as the previous owner suggested for nutrients. Now they are onto dry kitten food mixed with cat milk. It's working, but what I'm wondering is why no one suggested using cat milk to wean the kittens. They aren't having any issues just some stinky farts at times. I'm planning on giving them straight dry food soon maybe with wet food as they still have small baby teeth.

I dont know why. Maybe the mother abandoned the kittens and they couldnt use her milk.

If the previous owner was not experienced in raising kittens then she may have given you bad information. That makes me sad for you and the kittens.

Have you established these babies with a vet yet? Perhaps it is time to get them in, get them checked out, get their vaccines and get a true expert's advice on how to give these fur kids the best possible start!

Prayers that all turns out well for everyone and that you have a lovely history together!