Finding Free Yarn Donations for Charity Projects

I just started a group that gives elderly women yarn to crochet hats and blankets for the homeless. I am trying to get scrap yarn via Facebook, but no luck so far.
Anyone know of a place to get scraps?

By Sydney

Best Answer

Look on Craigslist and even post that you need some yarn. I did a fundraiser in 2012 for a food bank and got tons. Also, for just a few cents on the dollar, thrift shops will be a good investment.
Along those lines, go to the manager and ask if they can donate some. If they can't, buying good quality mufflers and afghans are a great source too.
I once bought an afghan for 5.99 and it had about 25 skeins on it. You can imagine how much I saved!
I hope you do well. We do the same here in Salem OR with a wonderful group called the Sassy Stitchers.

Best Answer

I know yarn corporations will give their scrap yarns to people for shipping cost or free if you come pick it up. Hope it helps..

Have yarn to donate. Let me know if you are interested.

I am very interested. Myself and a few of our church group ladies are wanting to crochet hats scarves and mittens for homeless and could really use the yarn

I have a couple large boxes of assorted colors and weights yarn that I would be willing to donate to your cause. Please contact me. You pick it up and you can have it.