Finding a Free or Inexpensive Twin Bed

I left my abusive husband after eight years. I'm needing a twin size bed. I am currently sleeping on the floor.

Places to find a bed

Step 1
Freecycle

Step 2
Craigslist

Step 3
Thrift stores-sometimes will give people in need for free

Step 4
Social services

Step 5
Churches

Step 6
Apartment complexes around the end of the month

I hope you will be able to live a safer and more peaceful life in your new environment.

You may be able to find a used free bed but remember free things are rarely delivered and usually there is not help available to load and unload this type of thing.
Be sure you have your own means to pick-up what you find and also have sufficient help to load and unload as this can be a big deciding fact when trying to locate free stuff.

• There are a lot of items that can be picked up from almost anywhere you find something but I do not think that bedding is one of those items.
  • There is always the chance of bedding having bedbugs (even from nice places) so this is something you should be aware of. Bedbugs can be a nightmare to completely remove from your home.
  • I believe it may be possible to pick up clean bedding from someplace like Habitat Home Stores as most of their bedding is new. This may cost you some cash but they may also give you a discount.
  • Some furniture stores also may have some damaged bedding they will sell for less money and they may even deliver.
  • Free is very nice but sometimes we may have to sacrifice a little more when it comes this sort of item.
  • I'm not against trying free ads on Craigslist, Freecycle or Nextdoor.com but I would be very careful before taking used bedding home with me.
  • You could try visiting a nearby church and talk with someone about your situation as this is a very good place to start rebuilding your life.
  • Good luck and I wish you much success in your new life.

Do you have a Good Will Outlet nearby? If you have a truck or van you may be able to find one for an inexpensive cost.

You can also search Craigslist in the free section (or for sale), Freecycle.

Or you can post an Ad on Craigslist wanted bed or for a low cost.

Consumer Advice Shopping Home & GardenDecember 31, 2018
🎃
🎂
🌻