Fixing a Blouse That Is Too Tight at Hips

I just bought a brand new blouse online. It fits nicely, however, the lower part of the blouse feels tight across my hips when I button up the last button.

I was thinking if I should get it altered by adding slits at the sides. Would that help?

Thanks!

That could work. If it is a new blouse you are better off sending it back.

If it is brand new, why not return it and find something else?

Altering works sometimes, but today's fabrics and how they are seamed make it a challenge to do alterations. Often the fabric is of a poor quality that one cut and the entire thing ravels or frays and you then have a big mess on your hands.

Post back with an update on what you decide. I would hope with a receipt, the return could be easy.

I do not believe you would be satisfied with doing alterations and unless you can make these changes yourself, alterations can be very expensive.

Do not leave this new top hanging in your closet; return it and find one that fits.
When buying online, always ask about measurements to make sure something will fit.

I'd return it. If you have slits added, you might have flaps that will sit outwardly at the bottom that will not be flattering

Crafts Clothing AlterationsAugust 2, 2019
🎄
🍂