Growing Stronger Fingernails

How to make fingernails thicker and stronger?

By Mary

Believe it or not, taking prenatal vitamins is a great way to strengthen your nails!

My dermatologist recommended 1000 - 5000mcg of Biotin daily for my nails and hair. I have been taking Biotin for over a year and my nails are strong and healthy and my hair loss is minimal.

Improvement will not happen overnight so plan to stick with it for several months. Biotin is not expensive.

After having strong nails for 60 years I now find that they tend to break and chip. I have been using a nail strengthening polish from the drug store.

It is inexpensive and seems to help. Why don't you give that a try first, before you start ingesting vitamins, etc.

You better eat dried fish and small fresh fish to add more calsium and protein to your food. Take supplements usually contain vitamins A, C, D, E, as well as many B vitamins, and folic acid, zinc, iron, calcium and biotin. Making sure you have a good intake of omega 3 oils can also reduce your risk of weak, brittle nails.