Homemade Cracker Recipes

Category Crackers
Homemade Rice Cracker
Making your own crackers allows you to experiment with types and flavors and allows you to choose recipes that fit your dietary needs or restrictions. This page contains homemade cracker recipes.

These taste wonderful and are great for lining a pie pan for your homemade graham cracker crust!

I was looking for a unique idea for appetizers for my upcoming wedding reception. I wanted to make the crackers for my crackers/cheese display. I bought a loaf of "Wonder Bread" and decided to experiment a bit. I rolled out a slice of wonder bread, very thin. I then buttered it and sprinkled garlic salt on it. I cut out heart shapes with my cookie cutter and placed them on a non-stick pan. I baked them in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 275 degrees F.

They came out perfect! Little golden-colored, heart-shaped crackers! They will make a great addition to my appetizer tray, especially since you can create the "crackers" in any design you want with the cookie cutters. My daughter and I are going to try using cinnamon sugar on the next batch and see if they work as well- then we'll have homemade crackers and cookies!

Note: 1 loaf of bread makes about 52 crackers (2 per slice).

Kids love to make these! Spring is here which means rain! In those days when the kids can not play outside, make this with them!

Total Time: 15 minutes

Source: My Day Care Recipe Book

• 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp icing sugar
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 3 oz grated cheese
  • 2 tsp milk

1. Put flour, icing sugar, baking powder and salt into a bowl. One bowl per kid. Let the kids rub in the butter until it's all crumbly.
  2. Next they mix in the grated cheese, with their hands, of course. Slosh a little milk in and let them mix it with their hands until it's like a dough.
  3. Let them roll it out and cut it into shapes.
  4. Ad

5. Bake at 400 degrees F for about 10 minutes.
  6. By the time they've cleaned up their mess, it's ready to eat.

This page contains homemade graham cracker recipes. Graham crackers are great for s'mores, pie crusts, and just for snacking. Making your own graham crackers allows you to make crackers that are superior to store bought ones.

Graham cracker on a red background.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

I am looking for the recipe for almond graham crackers. We are doing a cookie swap on Saturday. Can anyone help?

By Nancy from Boiling Springs, PA

Recipe: Gram's Graham Cracker Cookies

Great tasting and so easy!

1 box graham crackers (break apart on lines)

2 sticks butter

1 cup light brown sugar

1 cup sliced almonds (more or less)

Directions:

Line a 9x13 inch pan with foil. Place the graham crackers (sides and ends) touching.

In saucepan, melt the 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer 2 minutes. Add sliced almonds. Pour and spread over crackers.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.

That's it - eat and enjoy these great tasting cookies.

I don't make these too often because my husband and I can't stop eating them!

Source: Friend in Orrville, OH

By Dorothy from New Creek, WV