Homemade Liquid Hand Soap

contest winner icon
Make your own liquid hand soap or foam hand soap from soap scraps that normally go to waste!

Total Time: 1/2 hour plus overnight setting

Yield: one gallon

1. Cut up or grate scraps of soap bars and add to a pot with one gallon water, heat and let it melt until smooth.
  2. Turn off heat and let cool. I left mine overnight. It will gel up.
  3. I used my mixer and mixed it for about 3 minutes to break down the clumpy gelatinous mass. You may add more water if you want thinner soft soap. I chose not to this time.
  4. If you would like you may add a few drops of your favorite essential oils to scent the soap, or not, your choice!
  5. Ad

6. Then just pour some of the soap into some pump bottles (perhaps your recycling bin?) and save the rest in a larger bottle for refilling!
  7. Note: You may choose to separate some soap to scent while preserving the rest unscented so you can change scents the next time (by mixing in a different scent before bottling it) for use.
    It makes a ton!
  8. Extra tip: You may thin down the soap to a 1/4 ratio if you have an empty soap foam dispensing bottle to turn it into a foam soap too!
  9. Ad

Thanks for the recipe to 'making hand soap from bar soap scraps' - I will be doing this from now on.

The liquid versions of bath soap never smell as good as their bar counterpart, so, I'll take me favorite bar soap and turn it into a liquid.

Thanks, Donna!

Nice recipe. Thank you for sharing. I'll try this.

You stated for foam soap the ratio is 1/4. Please clarify,, is it 1 part soap to 4 parts water?

YES it's 1/4 soap or less to 3/4 water when using a foamy dispenser

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care CleansingJune 2, 2015
🌻
📓
😎
🐛