Make Your Own Handsoap

You can make your own handsoap from one bar of soap. Grate one (1) small bar of any kind of soap and add 3 cups of water. Put mixture in a microwave safe container and zap for 3 minutes. Pour into a handsoap container with a pump when cool. Makes 24 oz.

-sewingmamma

Sounds like a good way to use the small soaps you get at motels, etc.
Carole

By Sandy (Guest Post)

I tried this recipe after seeing it previously somewhere else. I found the soap to be too watery (I think I used a standard size bar of Dove). My husband doesn't want to use it because it shoots out of the pump!

By MB in WY (Guest Post)

What size/ounce are the soap bars you use? I'd like to do that with my little hotel soaps, but they are all different sizes and I wouldn't know how much water to add.

You can use a regular size bar of soap, or if you prefer, a bath size bar for making the handsoap, if you find it too watery. Sewingmamma

If your soap is too watery, just grate up another half bar or whole bar of soap. Re-microwave it, and let it cool. Even if you use 2 bars of soap, you are still saving money.

2 bars of soap cost less than $1. An 8 oz bottle of liquid soap costs around $1. So you esentially are making 3 bottles of soap for the price of one (assuming you use 2 bars in a batch).

Does the smell linger in the microwave after?

Crafts Bath & BeautyOctober 24, 2004
🌻
😎
📓
🐛