House Trained Dog Pooping Inside When Alone?

Zoey is my 1 1/2 year old Red Heeler. She has been potty trained since she was 4 months old. Sometimes when we go to new places she has accidents, but I just try to keep an eye on her. This last 2 weeks she has been pooping inside when we leave. She never does when we're home. We always let her go potty before we're ready to leave so she doesn't get distracted with us leaving and goes potty.

We usually kennel her, but our roommate lets her out and she poops. And today we went to town for about an hour and left her out and she pooped. I started giving her treats for going outside after the first few times, but it's still happening. I thought about crate training her to go potty, but she's too hyper and I feel it's not necessary yet. Any suggestions?

By Alisha May B.

I'd make sure she goes poop before you leave. Then you'll need to put her in her crate when you're gone. Tell your roommate to leave the dog in the crate because you don't want poop in your home.

When you get home take the dog out as soon as you open the kennel. This is all you can do until the dog realizes that it has to go outside. You are basically house training the dog again.

Pets Dogs AdviceMarch 22, 2015
📓
😷
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/House-Trained-Dog-Pooping-Inside-When-Alone.html