How Much Is This Chair Worth?

This chair has been in my family for generations. Very sturdy and strong. Needs touch ups, but very comfortable. Was just wondering how much it's worth? If anyone has an idea, just drop me a message. Thanks!

You need to know who manufactured it. Look underneath for a marking.

Searching for similars on the internet, it seems this might be called a throne chair and worth several hundred dollars U.S.
Mid-century modern often featured tufted velvet (gold, rust, and olive colors were popular) with this type of caning and the dark wood. Nice chair!

How many generations?

This style was very popular in the 1960s--canopy style tufted chair. They were reproductions of old French chairs.

I see them advertised frequently as French Country Louis XV Style.

Your chair looks to be of that age--or perhaps it was just redone in that era with the ubiquitous yellow velvet.

Someone will need to look at it in person to determine if it is a true antique which could have value or if it is a repro--unless you know the exact age and how long it was in the family.

As to value--that will depend on what you have.

A 60s piece--I see them sitting unsold in the $500-$1000 range and have not seen one sell in a long time--so perhaps the asking prices are too high.

If it is an true antique (100 years or older) it may have more value.

The thing to remember is either way, furniture resale is highly regional and subjective so something where I am may get $100 and where you are if it is a high demand, low supply item, may get $1000.

Once you figure out the age, I can better help you with the value if I know where you are located!

Looking to hear more info! Thanks for sharing this neat piece!

Consumer Advice Collectibles Furniture Antique FurnitureDecember 22, 2020
🎄
😷
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/How-Much-Is-This-Chair-Worth.html