How to Tell If Your Pet is Sick

Category Health
Like humans, there are many signs that indicate illness in your domestic companion. This guide is about how to tell if your pet is sick.

Here are some tips to tell if your pet is sick.

Inability to urinate is an emergency, get your pet to the vet immediately!

By Inka

My dog has been bleeding from the nose. He sneezes often. What is wrong?

By Anna

Answers

Problem could be from many things and could be serious if bleeding from the nose. Please take your dog to a vet for help. There is nothing you can do at home.

You need to see a Vet, and right away.

The lungs may be the origin of the bleeding. He needs a vet asap.

Anonymous

Sounds like nasal obstruction or nasal cancer. See vet.

I am here again to ask question about my cats. This morning my cat seems not to eat, or maybe he is bored of the same wet food I am feeding her. She seems just to sleep, since last night. How would I know if she is not feeling well or she is sick?

Answers

If your cat continues to not eat, then call the vet.

Cats are like that...with not eating and sleeping a lot. Now if they don't eat or drink anything or stop pooping or peeing for more than a two or three, it is best to take the kitty to the vet.

You may want to try a special treat (the kitties I sit for get human baby food as treat--the small jars of junior food--usually a chicken or a ham--and that usually restarts their eating.

The most important thing is to watch the little box--as excessive pee or NO pee can mean a problem. Poops can be fewer if they are not eating, but NO poop for more than 2-3 days could also be of concern.

Post back with an update. Prayers for all!!

well I think that maybe your cat depending on its age has gotten old or if its young I would either try new cat food or call a vet because imagine having to eat your least favorite food every day like gooey spinach and maybe to help it become more energetic give it some catnip but I say take it to the vet mainly

Is Beneful dog food being recalled? My dog is very sick after eating it, puking, diarrhea, bad smelly gas. and vomiting.

By Gen M

Answers

This is an emergency. Vet---NOW. If he dehydrates he could die. Could be the food, could be parvo.

Agree with Muttmom! Cannot wait! ER Pet hospital! If doc rules out parvo, then there's things I would do.

When my boy is down, I give him 2T plain yogurt a.m. & p.m. before food. I will pray for your pup & you!

What if your dog has a dry, bald spot?

By Jasmine M.

Answers

If your dog has dry spots in just one place, or even two places, then he could have mange or allergies. Wait for a week or two and if it either doesn't go away or starts to bother him/her, I would suggest you go to the vet and get something to make it go away and stop hurting or bothering her/him.