Identifying Porcelain Dolls?

I am trying to identify these porcelain dolls. Can you possibly help?

How tall are they? Is there anything on the back of their neck or back?

Are the face and hands porcelain or plastic?

I need a little more information to figure out who they are. Thanks!!

I have continued to study these dolls and yesterday something sparked why they are so familiar. I was looking at some how tos to make doll clothes sites and I scrolled past a CD for sale on how to make doll clothes for Venetian style dolls. The outfits on your dolls are Venetian style jester outfits.

Without seeing them in person I can't confirm that, but I am guessing the outfits were handmade and your dolls are kit dolls where someone took a class with a generic doll mold and body and then dressed them to the style. The kits are just heads, bodies, arms and legs and then the artist creates the outfits from fabrics and embellishments. Essentially each of that type of doll is considered a one of a kind (OOAK). That does not necessarily add to value--I am just thinking this may be the pedigree of your dolls.

The costumes are just fascinating...with so much detail. Most of the manufactured doll clothes were not this ornate....they were cheaply made to capitalize on the trend of dolls being something to buy and hold on to in 1980s-1990s (primarily) and people thought they would be "worth millions" in the 2000s--which sadly did not happen and most of those dolls today are worth pennies on the dollar if that.

Still finding out who made the mold (if it was a company) would help as would the size and materials and other questions I asked in my other post--that info would help you price them.

I am doubting the actual dolls have much value, but those clothes are probably where your money is going to be if you are wanting to sell them.

There are doll masks and outfits similar on eBay (search for Venetian doll clothes or masks) and many are selling for good money.

With more info, I may be able to pin down more details for you and give you a better idea of how to market them! Thanks again for posting the dolls!

How lovely, but need more details to identify. Is there serial numbers , brand name , etc . This will give a direction for search!

These look like a set of macrolide dolls. I have one dressed in purple that was given to me about 30 years ago. The doll like yours have no marking on them and there was a stand that came with the doll. I checked on mine and can't find any marking on it but it is almost the exact one as you have except the outfit on mine is purple.

I am not sure if the dolls hold much value and especially today the price of dolls is so low. You may be able to get 10 to 20 dollars for the set.

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsApril 5, 2020
📓
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-Porcelain-Dolls-50.html