Vintage FurnitureFurniture

Identifying Vintage Furniture

I recently found this piece and fell in love. It needs a little TLC. The seller thought it was from the 30s. Thank you in advance. Isn't she beautiful?

Look for identifying marks on the bottom, back or inside the drawers.

I would tend to agree 1930s, maybe early 20s. I am basing this on that my grandmother had a very similar piece and that would have been how old hers was. I wish I had hers!! I need to ask my brother if he still has it. I think he inherited it.

Yours is lovely and brought back a nice memory for me!

My grandma's had a shelf at the bottom and she used it as a breakfront (even though you could not see into it). I want to say they were meant to be used as hall pieces...but my memory of what she told me is gone. She did not have a hallway in her tiny apartment, which is why it was used in the dining room.

Post back with updates as you get her back to life!! She will be stunning!! I can see she has amazing bones!

Can you share how much you paid for her and where (what city) you are in? I am always curious of values of pieces in other places. I am thinking where I am something like this would be in the mid $200s if pristine and much less needing work.

Thanks for sharing!