Identifying a Porcelain Doll

I found this porcelain doll at a thrift store. It has the name, Walls, on the back of the head, but I cannot find any information online about this doll. Can anyone tell me something about this doll?

This looks like an Ashton Drake doll. Look it up on eBay at various intervals and Im sure it will come up.

Is it wall or walls? If just wall there was an independent doll maker with that last name.

If it is walls, it is most likely an art doll or kit doll make in a class. The makers often hand carved their name in the head before it was fired (after painting).

If you have any ceramic shops in your town, they may be able to put a year on it and confirm that is indeed what you have.

This could easily be a ceramic head that was used to make dolls. But what is throwing me off is the arms and legs. I can't find any doll maker that signs the back of the head names Wells.

I really think your best bet is to visit this site and post the doll there. I know this is an excellent sit and they have people there that can actually help you find out about your doll. www.antiquedolls-collectors-onlineadvisors.../antique-doll-identities.html

Consumer Advice Collectibles DollsDecember 10, 2019
🎉
🎄