Identifying a Vintage Ceramic Figurine?

I'm not sure where I even got this. Anyone know anything about it?

Best Answer

I think they are from Hallmark but I could be so wrong about all of this. My grandmother had almost the full collection of these at one time. They sat in her china cabinet and there were a lot of different ones just like this. She told me she started to collect them each year when the new ones came out and she said she had a lot of them for over 20 years. That was back in the 1960s when I first asked her about them. Most of the figurines looked like this one and each year a new one came out and normally was wearing PJs in the colors of red, green, and yellow. Where she lived in the small town there was a Hallmark that is why I am saying it was from Hallmark. The only other place she could have picked this up was at a small thrift store in her town. I don't remember seeing them there but I do remember seeing them at Hallmark. I think when she died there was around 50 of these little guys and when we sold off her estate they were only worth a dollar or two back then so I don't believe they are worth much more now.

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

Is there residue from a sticker on the bottom? It looks a lot like a 1950s Napco boy figurine, but they usually had paper stickers so sometimes you can see the shadow of the sticker or there is residue.

If that is the brand, they sell on average of $1-20 depending on the supply at the time and the demand.

Cute!

There is a tiny oval spot of residue from a sticker on the bottom of the foot!

He is so cute!
I cannot remember seeing anything like this before so I'm at a loss as to his identity.

I was like Pghgirl in thinking Napco but I remember a few years ago a friend had a large box of the Napco figurines and I was tempted to purchase because they were so cute but changed my mind and she sold them at auction for $5 - sad.
What is unusual about your figurine is that it has no stand and I'm pretty sure Napco pieces are on stands as well as most other small figurines.

You may be able to get help if you post the pictures on some of the forum sites as they get fast results. Be sure to note the size and a picture of the underside of feet.
You can post on all of these sites but you will have to join the groups first.

www.reddit.com/.../

www.facebook.com/.../

www.facebook.com/.../

www.facebook.com/.../

Please let us know what you find out about your little boy.

Thanks!!

Consumer Advice Collectibles FigurinesAugust 20, 2020
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Identifying-a-Vintage-Ceramic-Figurine.html