Is My Dog a Pure Bred Chihuahua?

Someone gave him to me, but I should say I rescued him out of a pigpen of filth. He was 5 weeks old, infested with fleas, and needed a bath desperately. I named him Chewie and plan on getting a DNA test for him to find out. Either way, he's my baby boy and I will spoil him forever!

It is hard to say one way or the other if he is actually a purebred Chihuahua. You already know the only way to find out is by a DNA test. Unless the person you rescued the dog from can give you his papers it is not possible to tell by just looking at the dog. You need to know the bloodline. He is adorable and the dog is very lucky to have you and you are so kind to care for this little dog.

This dogs face does not look like a Chihuahua to me. A dna test would prove the bloodline.

He is the cutest ever Chihuahua! That's my vote!

I think your adorable little fellow is probably a mix of Chihuahua and some type of terrier. Regardless of the breed, he's a very lucky dog and you're a wonderful, compassionate person for rescuing him. I hope the two of you have many years together.

he is an adorable and very lucky little pup-i wish you a long life together with lots of fun along the way,god bless x

Ears of a chihuhua and hair like a terrier but we can't be certain :)

Pets Dogs AdviceDecember 16, 2019
🎄
🎉