Is My Dog a Full Blooded Chihuahua?

It is sometimes difficult to be certain that your dog is a pure bred just by its appearance. This is a page about, "Is my dog a full blooded Chihuahua?".

I brought my dog Lady from a breeder, she is a Chihuahua, but I think she is a mix breed, what does anyone think about this? I have spoken to them and they said to me she is and if I'm not happy then I'm to take matters further.

By Kirsty

Answers

Best Answer

If you paid a Registered Licenced Breeder you should have been given that animals Pedigree papers irrespective if she was to be shown or pet. The breeder has to have a Prefix that's registered with your States Canine Control Council and all Puppies must be Litter Registered.

You never said how you found this one ask the person who sold you the Puppy for their Kennel Prefix then check them out with the Control Council. "Please" Do not return the Pup to this person to be sold to some-one else "or worse" And don't be intimidated by threats from this person they will not harm you because they are aware they have not been honest with you.

I sincerely hope this helps you with this problem but make sure you "research" people selling animals. I have Bred/Shown/Trialed/ German Shepherds/ all my life. Good luck please keep us all informed.

She was given to me and I just wanted to know if she was pure bred?

By Chris

Answers

Best Answer

You would have to do a DNA test to know for sure. It shouldn't matter though. Since you don't know her lineage, breeding is a bad, bad idea.

Thousands and thousands of animals are euthanized each year due to overpopulation and they all started out as "cute puppies". Please keep this in mind and just enjoy your little cutie as a pet.

Best Answer

I have had Chihuahuas for many years and your new baby certainly looks like a pure bred Chi to me! I just love her ears! I currently have 3 Chis and only one has the bat ears like that, not all of them do. But when they do, they do they are gorgeous!

As others have said, please don't breed her. Two of the 3 that I have now were unwanted rescues before I adopted them. It makes my want to cry when I think about all the ones who were not rescued and were abused, starved and euthanized at some shelter.

Having said that, congratulations on your beautiful new baby! May you have many long and happy years together!

Is my puppy a pure bred Chihuahua? I just bought him. He is 9 weeks old.

Answers

Best Answer

Your puppy looks like a full-blooded Chihuahua but you'll need paperwork from the breeder that shows the bloodline in order to know for sure. Your other option to obtain proof would be a DNA test.

I got this pup from a friend. The mother is a short haired Chihuahua and I was told that the father is also short haired. She's 3 months old now, but I'm thinking she could be a mix.

Is this possible or is this just a long haired Chihuahua pup?

Answers

Best Answer

If both parents were short haired dogs and your dog has long hair this could actually be possible. One of the parents came from a mother or father who had long hair. The dog still has the genes for this and can produce a dog with long hair.

Basically, if your dog is mixed it is hard to tell one way or the other. The normal procedure to tell the dog's true breed is a DNA test.

Someone gave him to me, but I should say I rescued him out of a pigpen of filth. He was 5 weeks old, infested with fleas, and needed a bath desperately.

I named him Chewie and plan on getting a DNA test for him to find out. Either way, he's my baby boy and I will spoil him forever!

I got Buster when he was 4 months old; he is a rescue. But he is 8 months old now and he may have rescued me it seems. However, I am still unsure if he is purebred idk how to go about that. I will want to get him registered as a service dog soon and I want to breed him before he gets fixed.

I've had Bert for a few months now. He is 4 1/2 months old. The lady I bought him from said he is a full pedigreed Chihuahua and even gave me his parentage back 4 generations. But anyone that sees him reckons he's mixed with a terrier. Can anyone help? Not that I'd love him any less, but I'd really like to know. (BTW his ears have finally gone up now after some serious teething.)

Answers

Best Answer

When a breeder sells a pure bred and gives you the bloodline this normally indicates that the dog is a full pedigreed. You should have gotten a package of papers with the dog in order to register the dog. I would make sure with the person and ask them for the information on how you can register the dog. If this is actually a pedigreed dog then you can register the dog and use the dog for breeding if this is the reason you bought the dog in the first place. I had a pedigreed dog and registered my dog. I did not want to use the dog for breeding or anything like this. It was actually a gift to me and my best friend who traveled everywhere with me.

My mom gave me a Chihuahua. She did not have papers. I want to get papers for her and her new litter.

Answers

Best Answer

If you are talking about getting AKC papers, you need to follow directions on their website:

www.apps.akc.org/.../faq_dogreg.cfm

It is complicated and quite frankly, unless you are going to show dogs, not worth the trouble.

If you are going to sell the pups, people want to see both mom and dad and your records so keep good documentation.

If you are going to show the dogs, contact the AKC and find out exactly what needs to be done.

Good luck! Your pup is very sweet!! I hope you and she have a lovely life together!!!

Just one more thing...when I got my girl as a pup (going on 20 years ago now....we have a boy now), the vet told me if I didn't get her spayed at 6 months, she would be at HUGE risk for breast and uterine cancer. My girl was my baby and I didn't want to breed her so I knew that was best for her. She lived to 17 1/2 years of age!!

If I had wanted to breed her, the vet said one litter and then spay and her risk would be higher than if I had her spayed at 6 months, but less than if I breed her twice.

Just some food for thought! Talk to your vet about what is best for YOUR PUP!! I just know what my vet said for my now fur angel!!

I'm looking to breed my female Chihuahua with a purebred male Chihuahua, but I just want to know if she's purebred or a Min-Pin? Her ears are the only thing that look weird to me.

Answers

I googled "chihuahua min pin" and quite a few dogs look like yours but I can't say for sure if she is a mix.

Her 'weird' ears are darling!
She appears to be an 'Apple-Head' Chill on that side of her pedigree.,..through a lifetime of rescuing & other dog related ' jobs', looking at her nose, ears, eye shape & the tapering of her slender legs, I would make an educated guess that she could very easily be half Rat Terrier. Its also possible that she may be part Boston Terrier but heavily favors the Çhi. I suggest this due more to her eye shape which is very unique. I'd still have to put my money on the Rat Terrier mix, though. Either way she's a DOLL!!

She is a purebred deer head Chihuahua.

I got my Chihuahua from my aunt in Alabama who's friend was a breeder and suddenly passed. He's super hyper and loves to play. He's always chewing on everything he can get ahold of! I love him to pieces and knowing wouldn't change that, but I'm so curious if he's really pure bred because of how active and temperamental he can be.

I rescued a puppy and they said a breeder brought them 2 litters of Chihuahuas and that he was a full blooded Chihuahua. He looks just like a Chihuahua to me. I took him to my vet for a check-up today and he weighed 5.3 and is now almost 15 weeks.

I was wondering about how much more he will gain before he is full grown? I was hoping for an under 10 pound fog, but if he gets bigger I will still love him whether he is full blooded or not. Also why a breeder would not sell them? Could he be a mix? I love him no matter what the answer.

Is my Reeses a Chihuahua? If yes which kind? They say he's a long hair Chihuahua.

When I got Taz I was told he was a full blooded Chihuahua; not that it matters I love him to death. I was just wondering what others' opinions are on whether or not they think he is full blooded or not. He doesn't shake so it has me curious.

I want to know if my Chihuahua is pure bred?

By Osvaldo

Answers

Best Answer

Your Chihuahua is adorable. It looks just like My 4 month old little Chihuahua. Is the mom and Dad a full blooded Chihuahua? Your little one looks like a Chihuahua without a doubt. But I am no expert. I am not sure how one tells if it's full blooded unless you know about the mom & Dad.

I wanted to know if there is a possibility of my dog being a pure bred Chihuahua. Is it possible? I'm curious.

I got this pup from a friend who says she's a purebred applehead Chi. This is her at 5 & 6 weeks. Can anyone who is familiar with this breed please give opinions? Although I know an actual DNA test is the only way of really knowing, I'd just thought I'd ask for opinions!

Thanks!! (When I got her she had a hot spotfrom flea bites. But my baby is now flea free and sore free!)

Load More

Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 2, 2017
📓
😷
🐛
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Is-My-Dog-a-Full-Blooded-Chihuahua-1.html