Is My Dog a Purebred German Shepherd?

Is my dog a purebred German Shepherd? She has a light coat and short hair. I'm no pro, but was just wondering.

She looks purebred to me. You could do a DNA test to be sure

If you look at images of a blonde German Shepherd you'll see that your dog looks very much like them. She is a beautiful dog!

She is sweet! I want to hug her!

She could be pure, your vet can give you the best opinion by looking at her teeth, jaw, hips, and bone structure.

There are cream (blonde) shepherds. My shepherd friends have said there is controversy about showing dogs that do not have the traditional black/brown/tan colors and are predominately light colors (cream or white or mixed light colors). Something about it not being show standard for one of the shows (AKC maybe).

I have never shown dogs so to me that thinking is foreign. If you are planning to show, you will have to follow the show rules. My hope is that you just love your pup and that you and your fur baby have a wonderful history and lots of fun adventures together!!