Kuerig K-Cups Vs. Ground Coffee

My husband got a Kuerig for his birthday. While the K-Cups are very convenient we wondered how they compared to using ground coffee in the My K-Cup basket. A box of K-Cups contains 18 cups. Our bag of Tully's coffee weighed 12 ounces and we were able to get 25 cups of coffee.

K-Cups - $11.99 ($.67 per cup)
Tully's coffee - $9.99 ($.40 per cup)

So in the end, using the ground coffee was cheaper per cup and yielded more cups. Using the My K-Cup basket is a little less convenient and is a bit messy to fill and clean, but does save you money. Most Kuerig brewers come with one, but they can be purchased separately too.

You need to try the perfect pod EZ-Cup. You can still use any coffee, but it is in a filter. I love mine!

You can buy a cap that fits over empty K-cup containers. Clean and refill with your favorite fine grind coffee. Brew in your machine.