Living Room Curtain Advice

Is the white lace curtain good for my formal dining room and living room? Most of the colors are taupe or ecru. I have got dark wood furniture and floor. Thank you.

I would probably dye them a taupe color, or tea stain them.

White goes with everything. You can use them.

I quite prefer them white like this. It gives better light since the rest of the furniture is darkish and the walls are dim.

I do not believe you could successfully dye this many curtains but since you seem to be dissatisfied with the white it may still be the best "color" for now - maybe give it more thought before changing.
But truthfully, I believe many interior decorators would suggest that with your type windows and desire for a formal setting there should be no curtains at your windows. One of my daughters is an interior decorator and she says that it is usually more formal to have open windows unless you are going for drapes (different style window setting) - (but she lives in south Florida).

I would suggest that if you decide to change then you may want to look at something less fussy for your windows.

I do like the lace detailing! I may have hung the curtains higher though.

I believe everyone has their own idea about what looks "good" in any certain room/place and should be happy with their choice whether it is in fashion or not.
I do think that overly lacy curtains (not lace panels) have generally been associated with several words: feminine bedroom, bathroom, girl's room, romantic settings, country kitchen, maybe even some Victorian settings. If you Google any one of these words (with curtain advice) you will probably see a lot of lacy curtains.

I am not against lacy curtains but are they really for a formal setting? Simple lace sheers are used many times in a formal setting so yes lace can be good but should make the "family" happy with their choice.

Probably, it looks nice to me,it is very pretty in that picture

I would go with something more sheer in a very pale yellow. The lace seems to be too much for the patterned furniture.