Living Room Paint Color Advice

Living Room Paint Color Advice - sketch of the living room and kitchen area
I have a small one bedroom apartment. The (small) kitchen and living room are one long rectangle with a small square closet separating them.

If I painted one or more of the walls around the closet that is dividing the kitchen from the living room moss green, would that make the kitchen look smaller or bigger? What effect would it have on appearance?

And if I painted some trim or stenciled moss green leaf motifs, would that make it look smaller?

Light colors make a room look bigger. Dark colors make a room look smaller. Patterns make a room look smaller as well.

So, if I painted one or more walls of a central column in my kitchen a medium moss green, would the kitchen look smaller or the COLUMN?

Decorating is about what you love and what look you are trying to achieve.

Glidden has something on their website I have bookmarked to try where you can upload photos and then paint your room virtually. I haven't tried it yet...so I can't vouch for it...but I want to try it when before we invest in paint for my small second bedroom.

The link is:

www.glidden.com/.../room-visualizer

Post back if it works for you and what you decide. Remember...it is about WHAT YOU LOVE!!! Enjoy!!

Hi,

As a general rule, the lighter the color, the larger the room will appear. Dark colors will make a room seem cozy and smaller. In order to make your apartment look larger, I would use paint that is brighter and lighter than what it already is painted in.

Here is a link that explains the way that colors can change how you feel when you are in a room:

www.thespruce.com/paint-colors-change-feeling-of-a...

Blessings,

Robyn

Put the same color as the kitchen is

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 11, 2019
🌻
🎃
🎂