Make Tea in Mason Jars

I make my tea in half gallon mason jars. To keep the tea bags from falling in while I am pouring the water into the jar or letting the seep, I put the tea bags in the jar with strings and tabs hanging down the outside of the jar. Then I take the metal ring (sans lid) and screw it on to the jar while holding the tea strings flat to the side. This keeps them from falling in to the jar when pouring the water in.

What do you do with the tea from the Jar? I use my teabags for the garden especially for my roses. G.

I'm really sorry to seem a bit dense, but I cannot understand the reasoning for making tea in Mason jars. Is it only done in the US. I'm British and have not heard of this before. Just wondering why. Thanks.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesAugust 13, 2014
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Make-Tea-in-Mason-Jars.html