Middle Eastern Recipes

This simple recipe is full of flavor and is perfect as a dip for crackers or toasted bread.

Directions:

Peel and dice eggplant into (approx) 1 inch pieces. Place in microwaveable casserole dish. Add lemon juice. Microwave on high 7 minutes. Stir and continue to microwave on high for 7 additional minutes. Let rest, covered 5 - 10 minutes.

Mash eggplant to slightly lumpy pulp. Add all other ingredients and mix well. Serve as side dish, or with chips, crackers or toast points.

By Doggy from TX

8 More Solutions

This was my first favorite salad, as far as I can remember. I used to beg my mum to make it for me as a young girl. In Iran, it's popular as a summer salad but I make it year round.

Delicious and healthy, too. I usually double the dressing ingredients. You can use parsley or fresh mint instead of cilantro. You can also add some well drained, diced cucumber to the salad.

Rinse and drain bulgar; place in a bowl. Stir in the boiling water. Cover and let stand for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, salt, and allspice; let stand 30 minutes.

Not so long ago I submitted this salad recipe to ThriftyFun. I wanted to submit it a second time because I came up with a fantastic recipe which is very nutritious, and low in fat.

Bowl of hummus.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

You can use on wholewheat biscuits or on toast. Rinse the chickpeas and add enough water and boil for 3 hours or until done.

Claire Bush

This Middle Eastern side dish looks elegant, but is very simple to prepare. Use the smaller amount of oil for a lowfat, but still flavorful, version. Good with lamb chops or barbecued chicken.

Plate of tabouli.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

In a skillet coated with nonstick spray coating, cook the chicken pieces over medium heat, turning frequently, until they begin to brown

One of Iran's ethnic groups, the Persians flourished in the 11th to 15th centuries, and were influenced and traded with many Mediterranean and Asian cultures. Kebabs, khoreshes, rice pilaf, yogurt soup and hummus are just a few of their flavor filled dishes.

A selection of Persian (Iranian) foods next to a traditional rug.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes InternationalApril 8, 2014
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Middle-Eastern-Recipes.html