Mixed Breed Cat Photos

Category Cat Breeds
Most of our feline family members come from many cats in all colors, shapes and sizes with their own unique personalities. This page contains mixed breed cat photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is Millie, she is now deceased. She was a mixed breed cat that I got at the Pet Store.

She loved to type! She was a very curious cat all the time! I used to keep an antique typewriter displayed and one day I caught her actually playing with it just like this! For real, this is not a touched up photo! It was made with a standard film camera around 1996.

By Crafteeone from Arlington, Texas

Cat on typewriter

Comment Like this photo? 25

Ralph is a half Calico and half stray. He's about 8 or 9 years old. We have a wood pile behind our house, for the fire place in the winter. One day I noticed this beautiful Calico cat walking around our house. So I went outside and befriended her. She was super friendly, so I decided to keep her. We had mice in the wood pile, and the shed next to it.

It was early spring, and this spring was a little warmer than normal so I was sitting on the side porch right after dinner. As always, here comes kitty, we never did name her, we just called her Kitty or Sweetie or whatever. There wasn't really a reason to name her, I never had to call for her, if we were out side, she was by our side. As I was sitting there, she peaked around the corner of the house. This time she took a little longer to approach, but when she did, she was followed by a kitten, then two, then three. "Oh my." There was eight kittens in all. Talk about cute!

Eight long hair calico kittens, all of them different colors. They looked about five weeks old, so I knew I had some time with them before I would have to give them away. When that time came, I put a "Free Kittens" sign in the front yard. By the weekend, all the kittens had new homes except one. He wouldn't hang around and be looked at with the rest of the kittens, he would always dart off somewhere. Kitty seemed OK during the whole process of giving her kittens away. Except the one. We could never even catch him. He decided he wasn't going anywhere.

As spring turned into summer Kitty hung around us whenever we were out side, along with her large kitten. He wouldn't have anything to do with us. As midsummer came, I was sitting on the side porch after dinner enjoying the evening just before sunset. Kitty would join me, but this time it took her a little longer to come around the corner of the house. And she finally did, I thought - here we go again. Eight little fuss balls and one big one followed her. I laughed and said, "Kitty you have to stop."

Again, when the time came the sign went back up, and we started giving kittens away. When there was only Kitty and three of her small kittens, and one big one left. A very nice couple came by and they said that they would take all of them, including Kitty. They had a dairy farm out side of town. What a perfect place for Kitty and her kittens, I thought. I didn't want to give Kitty away, but I had a very sick cat in the house. (More on that in a min.) And with winter just around the corner I didn't want any cats outside. So we gathered all the kittens and Kitty for the couple to take to their farm, except for the big one. he was no where to be found.

As summer turned into fall, I sat on the bottom step of the side porch, I started to talk to the big kitten. I started by just sticking my foot out and wiggling it to see if he would come to it. We became friends. when I went outside to feed him or do yard work, all I had to do was stick my foot out, and he would come and rub on it. I put the sign back out, but nobody wanted him. So I had to make a decision. Winter was coming, and I don't believe in leaving pets outside in the winter. Inside the house, I already had a 19 year old cat named Petie who was diabetic and required shots twice a day. Should I bring the new cat in? Or give Petie the peace he need in his last days.

I decided to name the big kitten Ralph, get him fixed, and bring him in. By this time the nights were getting very cold. Everything worked out good when Ralph came in. He stayed with Petie all the time. He seemed to know something was wrong, he would clean him and they would cuddle together. They spent about a year together.

The last time we took Petie to the vet, we were advised to put him to sleep, because the quality of his life was getting worse. It was hard to say good bye, but we did. We had him cremated and put into a little wood box, with his name engraved on a brass plate on front. We put him in the spare room with his collar and a photo of him. We have a little dog also in the same room.

Forgot to mention also that during this time we have a dog also. She's a small dog, pure white, half poodle and half something else. She would not leave the wood pile alone. we thought it was the mice. But when I would sit on the side porch with her - Buffy, and introduced to the new kittens both times, Buffy already knew them. lol They came right up to her and start playing with her. It was amazing to watch. So right now it is Buffy and Ralph in the house, and they are friends. Once Ralph came into the house, he has never wanted to go back outside again. And that has been about 9 years now. He is happy being lazy. This is a true story, the short version.

Ralph likes to chase his treats when I throw them. I have lots to share , but not enough time too.

By David from Front Royal, VA

Ralph (Mixed Breed Cat)

Comment Like this photo? 18

Your Pet's Age
9 almost 10

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed, black and white long haired, green eyed male cat.

How and when did you get your pet?
We went to a friend's house where they were taming a female kitten for us and while leaving my husband felt something on his leg, it was Teddy he had wrapped his paws around my husband's ankle. He wanted to go with his sister Sarah and us, so up into my arms he went and all four of us headed home!

What does your pet like to do for fun?
As you see in the picture, he loves sitting on the walker taking swipes at our big dog Slick, and of course he loves to ride around! In his earlier days he spent a lot of nights at the glass front door jumping as high as he could catching moths on the other side of the glass by the porch light. He loves eating breakfast with me, no-fat yogurt, his favorite is black cherry and he especially enjoys licking the lids. I get the outer circle and he gets the center. He'll eat about 8-9 fingerfuls before heading out for a well deserved nap. For fun he tries to open all the lower cupboards, which I've pet-proofed by rubber banding the handles together with ponytail bands. You can hear him late at night banging the doors trying to get in! Carefully stacked boxes don't stand a chance with him. When he wants to go outside he taps my husband Frank on the shoulder as he is the closest to the door. Once he's out he's rolling in the dirt and climbing trees for a few hours!

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Teddy is definitely the smartest most loving pet we've ever had. He is my (four legged) buddy, my best friend, and will forever be in my heart and soul! Yes, I love him dearly and enjoy each moment we spend together. He knows what I mean when I say "you want to catch a pillow?" It means I'm going to go lay down for a little while and he gets on his own pillow. A few years ago we were hit with a tornado and Teddy was the only cat out of five that made it through the whole thing. In memory of his sisters Sarah, Muffie, Emily, and Joey, God bless them all! We searched for days and put out food and water, I hope they found good homes or are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for us!

Comment Like this photo? 10

My fiance's friend had a kitty who birthed 4 kittens and he brought Bug home to surprise me. Of course, he ended up being more his kitty than mine!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 17

This is one of my babies. Mummy was pregnant when I adopted her.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Oh I love my little toys so very much! They're all mine and I am not going to share so don't you even think about touching them! Not even you mommy ;-)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 19

Punkin is a 2 months old Heinz 57 cat, given to me by a neighbor. She likes to play with "the others", make me worry and make me laugh. Punkin is so cute and such great company for me. She gives me a lot of laughs. She is a very good friend.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

About 16 years ago, Amos chose me to adopt him. He was living as the office kitty in my mom's vet office. He had been hit by a car and broken his jaw. The vet decided to save him and he subsequently just roamed around the office because he ruled the place!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

Angel is 6 years old. She is Heinz 57 but bordering on a Bengal. I prayed her in so I would have something to love and cuddle.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I got them 2 years ago from someone wanting to get rid of kittens. They are brothers. They like to snuggle up to each other and sleep.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I got Marley from a shelter, 6 years ago.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

I fostered these sisters thru our local Humane Society. They love to chase the red laser light and soft crinkle balls. And of course, snuggle and sleep.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Harley is almost 3 1/2 and he's a laid back breed. I saw a sign and snatched him up.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Samanda, is a Tabby, I think. I'm not sure. She is 1 year old. She was given to me as a gift after my little cat, Sammi, died just after Christmas. She likes to chase my older cat, Molly, who doesn't like her yet.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My grandfather tricked me. I didn't want a cat, but I still love her.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

We rescued her from an animal shelter. She sleeps in the silliest positions.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

We got our kitten a week ago, as a gift for my daughter. This will also help her learn responsibilities we hope!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

This cat is my part-time cat. He showed up sickly at the convent where I volunteer. They nursed him and he has a home with Benny an all black cat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Bobby was rescued from a locked flat. No food, no litter tray, and no company. He was filthy, covered in fleas, and had manky eyes and nose. We have got him back to health.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

While working, I saw a very small ball of fur on the sidewalk meowing loudly. It was a kitten. I couldn't pick it up right away, but told myself if it was there when I returned, I'd pick it up. On a busy street, no one saw this kitten, hence the name.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Ginger is a 3 year 10 month old mixed breed cat. She was born here to a Black Momma cat I had at that time. I fell in love with her the first time I saw her. She was born March 29,2005. She likes to run all over the house and slide.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

He was rescued from death as a kitten. Eat, sleep, and chase his brother and sister.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

We found Nala roaming on a main road. The vet says she was between 4 and 5 weeks old.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1