Paint Color Advice for Kitchen with Oak Cabinets

I have a open plan kitchen dining room. My cabinets are golden oak from the 90s. I am getting new flooring and paint. I am looking at hardwood for my living room in an oak color and a travertine tile for the kitchen, but I am stumped with a wall color. I don't want green, blue, or gray. I want a neutral color. Everything I read points me to grey or green.

Thanks.

Gray is a hot color right now. There are many different shades of gray. I would get a gray with golden undertones to go with your cabinets.

When you omit green, blue and gray as color options and still want a neutral color that basically leaves you with selecting a shade of brown or beige or possibly soft white or ivory. Good luck with project.

Travertine tile is very neutral in itself, so you may want to pick one of the colors from the veins and go with that.

When we were doing up our kitchen, I went to Pinterest and typed in all of what I wanted and then changed out the paint colors in the search bar (so I typed in my case cobalt tile cherry cabinets and then yellow (white, blue, green) paint and it showed me rooms with various like combinations.

In my case, it helped us pick a pale butter yellow that I just adore. I was able to get samples (there are a bazillion butter yellows out there) then and hang a bunch of those little sample cards on the walls and look at them in different lights before I picked THE ONE I wanted.

Pinterest is amazing to help plan rooms! I use it all the time to dream!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceJuly 16, 2019
🎂
📓
🌻