Pineapple Bread Recipes
Sweet pineapple is the perfect flavor for your next quick bread baking adventure. This page contains pineapple bread recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This sweet treat is very similar to a bread pudding but it has no dairy, nor is it too custardy. It's mostly made out of leftover cubed bread and chunks of pineapple. It works great as a breakfast treat, with mid afternoon tea, or for dessert.
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 10 ounces pineapple chunks, no juice
- 1/3 cup crush Ritz crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 cups bread cubes, 1/2 inch cuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, mix together the pineapple, sugar, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add cubes of bread to the mixture.
- Stir the bread around to make sure it absorbs all the liquid.
- Pour into a buttered baking dish, cover, and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with crushed crackers and cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes, until golden brown.
I just happened to have all of the ingredients I needed to make this delicious dessert bread, in the pantry, at the same time that I was craving a snack.
Total Time: Prep time: 15 minutes Baking Time: 60-70 minutes
Yield: 2 large loaves
- 2.5 cups unbleached white flour or all purpose
- .5 cups oatmeal, optional, if not used increase flour to 3 cups
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- .75 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 8 oz crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped or broken walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs, sugar, and oil.
- Add carrots, pineapple, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Beat into carrot mixture. Add chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans. I only had the one large, so I also used two individual loaf pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 60 - 70 minutes, you will need to check sooner if using the smaller pans.
- Cool for 10 minutes and then turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
Stir together dry ingredients. In separate bowl, mix other ingredients. Stir into dry mix. Put in coffee can and bake 2-3 hours on low in crock pot. Enjoy!Read More...