Plumbing Repair Assistance for Low Income Homeowner?

I am a 64 year old senior on disability who needs help. I have a water leak in kitchen that has caused mold under my sink. This has caused the floor to rot. I am on a fixed income. Are there any government programs available for me? This mold is making me sick!


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!


Bronze Answer Medal for All Time! 220 Answers
July 31, 20163 found this helpful

This site for seniors may help you:

SENIORS-National Council On Aging (NCOA)
The National Counseling On Aging has a free resource site:
This site is a confidential and free and easy resource service to help people 55 years and older locate and apply for benefits. There are numerous financial assistance programs, both public and private, that can help struggling Seniors trying to make ends meet. The site has information on more than 2000 programs. Many are available to anyone in need who qualify, while others are available only to older adults and can help them retain their independence.


Benefit Types:
Food Assistance, Health Care, Prescription Drugs, Utility Assistance, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), low income housing, tax relief, respite care, free legal assistance and many other benefit programs are available.
To use the site, you enter basic information about the person in need-date of birth, zip code, and check boxes for what the person needs assistance with. The site generates a report instantly, listing links to the programs and services that the person may qualify for.
Some assistance programs can be applied for online while other have downloadable form to be printed and mailed, faxed or emailed in, and some require you to contact the program directly.
Benefits Enrollment Center
It is also possible to get help in person at a Benefits Enrollment Center. There are currently 36 centers in 24 states and 12 more will be added in 2016. Visit the online site for locations:

August 3, 20160 found this helpful

I am disabled for many years I do own my home but my Windows are leaking the wood I can put my finger through ,also my heater don't work right ,my floor in hall is week where the plywood is no good

November 27, 20180 found this helpful

I have problem. In my kitchen water is coming up through the floor in my kitchen I really I only get 875. In soc

January 31, 20200 found this helpful

I am 85 I need and plumbing help in my bathroom up over the bathtub the knobs and the shower part I'm only able to pay a small amount for my help but I do need help to stop water from leaking

February 22, 20210 found this helpful

Is their a phone number


Silver Post Medal for All Time! 267 Posts
February 22, 20210 found this helpful

There does not appear to be a phone number on that website. It asks you to put in your local zip code to be directed to help.

August 3, 20160 found this helpful

Where can I go to get a free new roof on my home. My insurance company has denied me twice my roof caved in I have used.all of my finances on repairs the mold is making me sick. Please help.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Home and Garden Repair Home PlumbingJuly 31, 2016
Valentine's Ideas!
Birthday Ideas!
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-02-01 21:37:06 in 1 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.