Pug Has Lump

My 12 year old Pug has a bump on his side that is growing and hurts him. What could it be and what should I do?

I would consult a vet if anything changes in an animal. It could be an abcess that can be drained, or something that needs surgery.

The only person who can diagnose this is your vet but please do not wait very long to find out. It may be minor and simple surgery can remove it but it may more serious and may need immediate attention. Animals get some of the same types of health problems as people and only a doctor can tell for sure.

It could be anything from a harmless fatty deposit to a large bite to something life threatening. I'd go to the vet asap.

I had to have several removed from my dog. She had tumors and they needed to be removed.

However, this might not be the case. Your dog should see a vet to determine the problem. He could of gotten a thorn or some sort of sticker bush in his skin and now it is infected.

It's great you caught a lump and you can bring it up to your vet. I hope it is nothing major.

Take him to a vet. It could be anything from a cyst to cancer.