Raspberry Dessert Recipes

Raspberries whether fresh, frozen, or canned are delicious in many desserts. This is a guide about raspberry dessert recipes.

This is a no sugar added dessert that is light, flavorful and easy to make!

I made a healthy, low-cal and super-tasty red, white and blue desert for a 4th of July potluck back in the 1980's. My daughter (now grown) still raves about how it's her all-time favorite desert! I made it without a recipe, but if you can make a pie filling then you can make this quick and healthy desert. Here's the basics of how to:

Directions:

You need to thicken the berries with either Knox gelatin or cornstarch (like you are making a pie filling) and add a tiny bit of sweetener. I cooked each of the berries in a separate container.

I stacked the Red, White & Blue ingredients one on top of each other in a glass bowl (so it looked cool from the side) with the blueberries on the bottom, the vanilla yogurt in the middle and the raspberries or strawberries on the top. Lastly I put this into the fridge to set up (like you would Jell-O).

* To keep the calories low, use vanilla yogurt, but if you absolutely hate yogurt you can substitute whipped cream. and if you have a milk allergy (or you love the taste of hydrogenated oil), you can use Cool Whip in place of the yogurt.

By Cyinda

This simple to make melding of raspberries and chocolate is sure to be a hit whenever you serve them. This is a guide about chocolate stuffed raspberries.

Read More... Was this helpful? 1

Ingredients
  • 1 1/3 cup all purpose or unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. ginger
  • 1/2 cup shortening or margarine
  • 1/2 cup boiling water
  • 1/2 cup molasses
  • 1 egg (slightly beaten)

Raspberry Sauce:

• 1 pkg frozen raspberries (thawed)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • 3 firm pears (peeled, cored, cut into 1/2 inch pieces) (about 3 cups)

Directions

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom only of 9 inch round pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger; mix well. Add remaining gingerbread ingredients; blend well.

Pour batter into greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Drain raspberries, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. In blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade, blend raspberries and reserved 1/4 cup liquid at highest speed until smooth. Press through large strainer to remove seeds; discard seeds.

In a large skillet, combine raspberry puree', sugar, lemon juice and pears. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until pears are tender. Serve sauce warm or cool over wedges of gingerbread. Garnish each serving with sweetened whipped cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.

By Robin

• 1 lb. cake, cut in 6 slices (10oz.)
  • 1 pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed (10oz.)
  • 1 1/2 pints frozen vanilla yogurt
  • 1 pkg. frozen peaches, thawed (10oz.)
  • Ad

• 1 cup light whipped topping

Directions:

Arrange cake slices on dessert plates. Top with raspberries, frozen yogurt, peaches and whipped topping. 6 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

You choose your ingredient proportions. ;-)

Ingredients

Directions

Place Nilla wafers in bottom of small serving bowls, spoon the raspberry syrup from container over the wafers, top with raspberries, wait one minute so the syrup seeps in to the wafers and serve :-)

Source: My Auntie Melbina shared this with me thirty four years ago and I love it still :-) Needless to say I usually have frozen raspberries and Nilla wafers on hand for a quick snack ;-)

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Truffles are a decadent treat that many people enjoy. Make your own and give them to someone special or treat yourself.

Prepare one recipe graham cracker crust. Press most of it in a 9x13 cake pan. Whip 1 cup whipping cream, fold in 1 cup marshmallow creme.

I am looking for a recipe for black raspberry twirl angel food cake.

By Beverly from Lewistown, PA

Answers

Here is a similar recipe, it might be the one you are looking for. I would just add black raspberries, blackberries or black raspberry jam.

http://www.midw  angel-food-cake/