Re-Dyeing Hair a Week Later

I boxed dyed my hair a week ago with a level 3 permanent intense medium violet color on my black to brown hair. I'm happy with the color only I am unhappy that I've missed some spots and the color has seemed to be falling out already. I did research on how to keep it from fading that I was unaware of before. I want to do another dye properly with a comb so I can be sure I get full coverage.

I think my hair is pretty strong though I'm sure some damage has happened as it comes with coloring, but this is the first I've ever colored my hair. My scalp hasn't felt irritated since the color. I use heat protection spray daily and since coloring I have used more conditioner than shampoo on my wash days as well as deep conditioner treatment.

Thanks for the help!

You can dye the spots you missed. Use equal parts developer and dye.

This is second hand and based on discussions with my friends who dye their own hair (I am of the camp to not dye and let G-d color my hair..AKA gray). These gals have been doing home dye forever and there are 3 schools of thought:

1. Have a buddy carefully dye the spots following the original dye instructions. The buddy is to ensure that it is only done to the spots and no where else as if you don't have a steady hand you end up with dark spots.

2. Wait until you do your roots and do the touch up then.

3. Do a total dye job a shade darker 2-3 weeks later and just find creative styles to hid the boo-boo in the meantime.

They are all different because they all have different hair types and lengths and hair conditions. The short dos do #1, the quick to grey "gals" do #2 and the long haired girlies do #3.

If you hair is healthy (immediately talk your doctor if it is NOT healthy--meaning if it is fragile or falls out in clumps--as I learned years ago that unhealthy hair is one of the first, early signs of thyroid disorder) any of the three options could work for you.

I'd wait 2 more weeks because redying with permanent over permanent (you'll probably overlap) is pretty damaging