Recipes Using Cube Steak

Category Steaks
There are so many ways to cook this inexpensive steak. This page contains recipes using cube steak.

This page contains chicken fried steak recipes. A popular breaded meat dish that uses less expensive cuts.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

The pizza sauce and cheese make these so good!

Total Time: 10-15 minutes

Yield: 4 servings

• 1 egg white
  • 2 tsp water
  • dash pepper
  • 1/2 cup finely crushed saltine crackers ($.50)
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 4 cube steaks ($3.50-$4.00)
  • 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
  • 1 (8 oz.) can pizza sauce ($.99)

1. In a shallow bowl, combine egg white, water, and pepper. Set aside.
  2. On a plate, combine cracker crumbs and cheese.
  3. Dip each cube steak into the egg mixture, then coat with cracker/cheese mixture.
  4. In a large skillet, melt butter; brown steaks on both sides.
  5. Add pizza sauce and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
  6. Garnish with remaining crumb mixture. Serve immediately.

This page contains round steak recipes. This inexpensive cut of meat can make a delicious meal.

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

Ingredients

• 4 small cubed steaks, about 1 lb., halved crosswise
  • 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
  • 2 large onions, sliced thin
  • 1 Tbsp. flour
  • can stewed tomatoes
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 2 cups beef broth
  • 1 bag frozen stew vegetables, partially thawed
  • 1 tsp. garlic salt
  • 1/2 tsp. each basil and sugar
  • 1 bay leaf

Directions

Heat large skillet. Add steaks and brown quickly on both sides. Remove and set aside. Heat butter in skillet until bubbly. Add onions and saute' until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, bouillon, vegetables, garlic salt, basil, sugar and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes. Add steaks. Cover and simmer until hot, 3-5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Makes 4 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 1 can Campbell's golden mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup onion sliced
  • 1 1/4 lb. cube steaks

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix Golden Mushroom soup and sliced onions. Place cube steaks flat in bottom of 10 inch square covered baking dish. Spoon soup/onion mixture over steaks.

Place cover on baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for an hour. Serve with egg noodles for a delicious dinner!

Alternative Recipe: using regular cream of mushroom soup, mix soup with 1 Tbsp. dry onion soup mix and sliced onions.

By Sherry from Silverdale, WA

Ingredients

• 6 beef cubed steaks
  • 3 Tbsp. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 10 crackers, finely crushed
  • 1/2 tsp. basil
  • Ad

• grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 3 Tbsp. oil
  • 1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 clove of garlic, crushed
  • 1/2 tsp. ground oregano
  • 1 oz. Mozzarella cheese, sliced
  • leaf oregano

Directions

Coat steaks in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Combine cracker crumbs, basil and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese in small bowl. Mix egg with 2 Tbsp. water in bowl. Dip each steak evenly with crumb mixture. Heat oil in 9x13 inch baking pan in 375 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes. Place steaks in baking pan. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Pour off drippings. Combine tomato sauce with sugar, garlic, and ground oregano, pounding over steaks. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes longer. Top with mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of leaf oregano. Bake for 3-5 minutes longer.

By Robin from Washington, IA

This is one of my favorite quick meals. It's inexpensive and healthy eating.

What can I do with cubed steak?

By Lena

Answers

Best Answer

Line a pan with foil. Brown the cubed steaks in a skillet. Place the steaks on the foil and add 1 bag of stew veggies over the steak. Add 1 envelope of onion soup mix to 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. Pour the mixture over the veggies. Seal up the foil and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour or until the veggis are cooked. I like to add one or two sliced green peppers and some diced potatoes to the mixture. Serve over noodles if you like. So Good.

Best Answer

Dredge it in flour mixed with a few seasonings, such as seasoned salt/garlic powder/salt/pepper/etc. Brown in a little oil just until browned. Lay it on a paper towel to try to get excess oil off. Place in a foil lined pan. Mix up a mixture of about 1/4 cup all purpose flour, and a quart of water or so. Pour over it and bake at 350 degrees F. for approx. half hour to 45 minutes. Makes its own gravy. Be sure and get the excess oil off so it will be creamy gravy, not oily.

Best Answer

Another way to use the cube steaks is to make swiss steak out of them. Brown them in a little oil, with some onions and add a can of diced tomatoes and either cook on low on the stovetop or put in the oven for about 45 minutes on 350 to tenderize. We also use the cube steaks for beef stroganoff, just cut into small squares, brown with onion and add a can of mushroom soup with a can of milk and stir in the meat and onions. Then add a half cup of sour cream. We like it served over noodles or rice.
It's a thrifty piece of meat but the secret comes in cooking it slow in the oven to make it more tender for any of the receipes.

How do I bake cube steak?

By Gary from Detroit, MI

Answers

Best Answer

Cube steak is one of those kinds of steak that's good for breakfast. What I would do is lay out the ones you want for a meal, season (I like garlic powder, salt & pepper on beef-put salt on both sides, lightly, then pepper on one side & garlic powder on the other) Use a back side of a fork to press the spices into the meat, then melt butter to almost burning & fry it very fast. This is not a meat that needs long frying time. I like butter for this steak cause it is good at high temps & it adds a good taste. You could use what you want, but butter has the right taste. If you fry it too long, you just make it tough. The faster the better. Oh & use high heat to keep it frying fast.

Best Answer

Sorta Salisbury Steak

* 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
* 6 (4 ounce) cube steaks (pounded round meat)
* 1 large onion, sliced into strips
* 2 cups beef stock
* 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven, or deep iron skillet. Dredge steaks in some of the flour, reserving the rest of the flour. Brown steaks in the oil a few at a time, and remove to a plate. When all of the steaks are browned, place a layer of sliced onions into the Dutch oven, and alternate layers of steak and onion. Pour in beef stock and Worcestershire sauce.

3. Cover, and bake for 2 hours in the preheated oven. Remove steaks and onions from the pan, and whisk in 2 tablespoons of the remaining flour. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring until thickened. Serve steaks and onions with gravy with mashed potatoes or noodles.

I bought cube steaks on sale. Any ideas on how to fix them would be wonderful. Crockpot or oven recipes would be great.

Thanks.
S. Wolf from El Paso, IL

Answers:

Recipes Using Cube Steak

I put some Worcestershire sauce in a zip baggie, add the meat, and let it marinate for a couple of hours. Then I dredge it in seasoned flour and cook until brown on each side (only cooking until brown, not fully cooked), then place them in a casserole dish (example: 13x9). I cover them with a mixture of mushroom soup, green chilies, and onion. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake them for about 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. I serve it with mash potatoes and whatever veggies sound good at the time. I uncover the meat after taking it out of oven to let it "set up" before serving. We like it and hope your family does too. (10/02/2006)

By grbarnaba

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Cube Steak Parmigiana

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a plate combine flour, salt, and pepper. In a pie plate, combine, beaten egg and water. On another plate combine Parmesan cheese, saltines, and basil. Dip steaks in flour mixture, then egg mixture and then roll in cheese mixture.

In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Brown steaks on both sides. Remove to a greased casserole dish or baking pan. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Drain any pan juices.

Combine tomato sauce, sugar, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of the oregano. Pour over steaks. Bake 20 minutes longer. Place mozzarella cheese on steaks. Sprinkle with Parmesan and remaining oregano. Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. (10/02/2006)

By mef1957

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Country Style Cube Steak

Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt, and pepper. Brown meat in oil with the onion and green pepper strips. Stir in brown sugar, mustard, catsup, water, vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until steak is tender.
(10/02/2006)

By mef1957

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Italian Cube Steak

In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, and black pepper. Add steaks and turn to coat lightly. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Cook steaks 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Transfer steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm. Reduce heat to medium and add broth, tomatoes, and garlic powder to the skillet. Heat until the mixture just begins to boil, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, stir together water and cornstarch until smooth. Slowly add to the tomato mixture, stirring until thickened. Return the steaks to the skillet and cook until heated through. Makes 4 Servings.
(10/02/2006)

By mef1957

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Cube Steak Stew

In a skillet over medium high heat, brown the beef and onions quickly in hot oil. Transfer to the crock pot; add vinegar to skillet and scrape browned bits up with a spatula; add to crock pot. Add potatoes and corn, then sprinkle with gravy mix; pour water over all and mix to combine.

Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serves 4 to 6. (10/02/2006)

By mef1957

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Add a container of sour cream (stir well) and serve over noodles. Add a green vegetable, if you like.
It is yummy and one of my kids' favorites. (10/03/2006)

By Diana

Recipes Using Cube Steak

I've used this easy recipes for years. Place steak, sliced onion, chopped tomatoes or canned crushed tomatoes, and chopped green pepper, salt, and pepper in pressure cooker or in crockpot. Cook until done. This dish is very tasty and very good warmed over if you make extras. (10/03/2006)

By Gena Rae

Recipes Using Cube Steak

The only way I have ever made them is a childhood favorite of mine. Season some flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the cube steaks in the flour mixture and brown in margarine. Place in a casserole dish. Put a slice of onion on each one and then cover with one or two cans (depending on how much gravy you want) of mushroom steak sauce or beef consomme. Cover with foil and bake for about 45-60 minutes on 350 degrees F. Serve with mashed potatoes. Great comfort food. (10/03/2006)

By Cindy S.

Recipes Using Cube Steak

For cubed steak, all I do is put them in the crockpot with a couple cans of brown gravy and let them cook until tender, add mashed potatoes and you have a great meal, and it's fast and easy, my type of cooking.
Hope this helps.

Teresa from VA (10/04/2006)

By Teresa

Recipes Using Cube Steak

First fix one package stuffing mix. Lay steak flat, place 1/4 cup stuffing on steak. Roll up steak and secure with tooth pick. Next, brown steaks on all sides. Drain and place in 13x9 inch pan. Next pour soup or gravy over top of steak rolls. You may use any of the following: brown gravy, mushroom gravy, or cream of mushroom soup or cream of chicken soup. Cover pan with foil and bake 350 degrees F for one hour. You could also do this in crock pot instead of the oven. (10/04/2006)

By Donna Rae

Recipes Using Cube Steak

I love cube steak, when it is not cooked to death. I use a spice called Cavenders, it is an all purpose Greek seasoning. It can be used on many different meats. I prepare my cube steak by sprinkling about a teaspoon of Cavenders directly on both sides of the cube steak, then flour. Fry them in a thin coat of hot oil on medium until no longer pink inside. Check out the website for more ideas on how to use this spice.

greekseasoning.com

Lisa (10/07/2006)

By goodgreif40

Recipes Using Cube Steak

I brown my cube steak in a skillet, pour tomato sauce in after browned, cut up potatoes and onions add it to the skillet. Then let it simmer until potatoes are down and serve. It's my husband's favorite meal. (12/30/2006)

By Lindy

Baked Steak

This recipe was one Great Gramma, Gramma, and Mom made for Sunday dinner on the farm. We called it Suey Sunday.

Dredge cubed steaks through flour salt and pepper mix. Lightly fry each side in oil or butter. We are just trying to seal the meat to hold in the juices. Place in casserole pan and cover with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup mixed with half can of heavy cream or milk. Use one can per four steaks. Add sliced onion if desired. Cover and bake for approximately 2 hours. The soup and beef juices make a wonderful gravy. Serve with whipped taters, coleslaw, and green beans. (03/09/2008)

By Zak

Recipes Using Cube Steak

BEEF STROGANOFF

Slice cube steak into strips and dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, you can add garlic powder, too. Note that it is easier to slice when slightly frozen. On top of stove on medium high, brown in Canola oil. Right before meat is completely browned, add wine. Turn burner down to medium and cook until wine is absorbed into the meat. Add mushrooms (canned or pre-cooked fresh mushrooms). Turn burner down to low and add sour cream. Stir and bring the temperature of mixture up to just below boiling (avoids curdling). Serve immediately over rice or egg noodles.

Sometimes I wait to just before dinner to add the sour cream.

Husband loves it. (06/05/2008)

By Lyn

Recipes Using Cube Steak

I want to thank all of you for your ideas on cube steak, my husband brought some home a couple of weeks ago. I had to get on the Internet for this and your suggestions have saved me.

I did something different; I marinaded it in the red wine, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic and then wrapped it up in aluminum foil and put it on the electric grill at 350 degrees F. I have never cooked this before. With baked potatoes and veggies, let me tell you on a hot summer night this was good.

Next I want to try the crockpot recipe, that sounds delicious. I have not used my stove for frying meats, in a good five years. Between the crockpots and the pressure cooker those are the only way I cook these days. Quick, simple meals, and so. Delicious. (06/18/2008)

By Nancy

Recipes Using Cube Steak

For this recipe you need:

Place a couple of tablespoons of feta cheese in the center of each cube steak. Roll the steaks, pinning them with the toothpicks to keep them together. Then place stuffed cube steaks into a large saute pan on the stove. Pour the tomatoes with their liquid over the steaks and cover. Cook over medium heat on the stove until steaks are cooked through.

This recipe is one of my favorites. It is simple and doesn't cost much. I like to make it for my husband, because he loves it. I also make it for guests, because it's sort of fancy and doesn't take much work. And, I always get great feedback after I have served it. Enjoy. (08/15/2008)

By Amanda

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Season your cube steak and cook in frying pan on medium heat for 5 minutes each side. Then put in a casserole dish. Spray the bottom with Pam, spoon spaghetti sauce on top and then sprinkle with sharp shredded cheddar cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F, till cheese is golden brown. Enjoy. My mom's recipe, man is it good. (01/12/2009)

By Lisa

Easy Cube Steak Dinner

This is so easy. I season a little flour with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and dredge the steaks in it. I cut up onions and green pepper into fine strips and cook them in a frying pan with a little vegetable oil until slightly soft. Add the steaks in to the pan and cover the meat and vegetables with a can of cream of tomato soup. (You might need 2 cans depending on how many steaks you are cooking.) Cover and let simmer about 20 minutes. The soup absorbs the juices from the meat and the vegetables and makes a great gravy for mashed potatoes. This is my husband's favorite. (02/24/2009)

By Marti

Recipes Using Cube Steak

My favorite for cube steak is as follows:
In a large frying pan melt 2 - 3 T of butter. Into the melted butter mix 4 to 5 T of brown sugar. Mix until a syrup forms. Add steaks and cook over medium heat until done. Remove steaks, mixture remaining will be a very thin liquid. At this point I continue cooking the sauce until it is reduced to a thick mixture which I then pour over the cube steaks and over any starch you are serving with them. A very decadent and delicious way to cook cube steaks. (02/24/2009)

By Sheila S

Recipes Using Cube Steak

Roasted Beef and Vegetables:

Cut veggies (I use ones above, but use what you like) into chunks about same the size as the steak. Spread out on a large shallow baking pan, like a cookie sheet with sides. Add olive oil just enough to coat veggies, seasoning, and salt and pepper and toss

Bake at 425F for 20 minutes. Heat iron skillet. Or if you only have Teflon do not preheat. Coat steak in olive oil and add salt and pepper, or you can also add a little of any steak seasoning you like, something spicy is good.

Add to hot skillet, do not stir for at least one minute then stir and leave again for a minute. Brown evenly then reduce heat and add steak sauce. I also like to add a splash of red wine vinegar. Cook to desired doneness.

Remove veggies from oven add steak and toss. Try different veggies, seasonings and sauces, or leave out potatoes and toss with pasta or rice. (11/30/2009)

By mrslinkous

Does anyone have any good ways to fix beef cube steaks? I bought 10 packages at a good sale a few weeks ago, but I only know one way to fix them (pan fried w/gravy).